I will be a nervous 'mum' next Tuesday!

Glad to hear Holly is home safely, Jazzi. Here wishing you both a peaceful night.

Glad to hear that Holly is OK, don’t worry about her not wanting a drink yet. She drink when she’s thirsty. They will probably have had a drip in her so she won’t be dehydrated.

I wondered that, Newcomer. I have her toilet tray by the door, but I expect she will do it all over my freshly cleaned carpets! Unless she wees if I get a chance to get her outside later, to the communal grass. Hope the rain stays away.

Hope it was a peaceful night for both of you Jazzi.

Sorry to say, but its raining again.

Holly is doing ok. She spent all afternoon groaning and wandering aimlessly, after she woke up, but had some food. When it was bedtime, I tried to keep her on the floor, and it was a battle of wills till I gave in and lifted her up (from behind the front legs), when she settled down and there was less of the groaning. Bit awkward at times, sharing a pillow with a hard plastic cone, but it was not all night.

I got up at 6.15 for the bathroom, got her on the floor when I heard her wanting to get down, went into the kitchen to get her canned food out of the fridge to warm up and she was eager to have some, so had to boil up some water to warm it. She ate it eagerly.

Outside for toilet, and she did a wee for the first time, and wanted to chase a squirrel. Noooooooooo!!!

And she has since had more food. Now lying on an old duvet in the lounge.

And she also, the independent moo, jumped up onto the chair before I could lift her, fortunately not crying out, but wanted to get back down again. I have a piece of cardboard to put up when I’m not in the room.

Sounding good jazzi if she’s eating pooing and weeing and trying to get on the sofa she’s well on way to recovery.

That’s good news Jazzi. They soon recover from the op.

No poo just yet, just her first wee this morning, but no rush!

That’s great news Jazzi.

Sounds good. :023:

Glad she is ok Jazzi.

I remember the vet telling us not to let one of our cats jump after his op. The first thing he did when we got back was jump on top of the fridge freezer. Didn’t cause a problem though.

Thanks all.

I remember when our old lab cross had surgery, for fatty lumps. And our poodle was spayed. I think they both jumped up on furniture when they shouldn’t have done, and there’s me gently walking Holly, but only going to the end of our flats! I’m anxious not to overdo it.

You can only do what you can jazzi, we treat ours with kid gloves after a procedure but you can’t stop them doing everything. I always think if it hurt they’d not do it. That’s all you can do.

Just read on a website that it is normal for a dog not to defecate for 2-3 days after a GA. so I won’t try to keep walking her for that. Should have remembered that we humans are like that.

Yes that’s true we had a problem when Elsie I think it was couldn’t wee that apparently wasn’t normal and the vet was a bit concerned but as we arrived for our appointment to see what we could do she did biggest wee on their doormat, embarrassed us nicely she did. :mrgreen:

Is that all. When Coco was unwell and we took her to the Vets, she did diarrehea all over the Couch, it was everywhere, even on the Vet, it was so embarrassing but she couldn’t help it.

I’m glad I didn’t see the diarrhoea that shot out of Holly earlier this year, when the vet took her to the back for her third and nasty injection when she was poorly! I offered to clean it up but the nurse did it.

Oh dear that’s not good, one of mine chihuahua Rosie always pooped on the table, I’m convinced it was fear of being on the table as it was absolutely taboo for dogs to get on the table at home.

In this case, that is why we had to take Coco to the Vets, because she was so poorly, this was end of last year, she had really bad toilet problems and being sick as well and cost us a lot of money.

I suppose they warn about jumping up because of the possibility of tearing the internal stitches.
Did they glue her externally Jazzi?