I went there, finally

This one would fit in the palm of your hand. Pretty small. Why I worry about predatory birds. :grinning: :grinning:

Oh, so many could make up a swarm then …hmm, can do a lot of damage with a swarm :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Enjoy. Emjay used to have one, don’t know if he still does. One or two people here in Lowestoft upload clips and photos of our town and coast, and also up in Gorleston and GY. Love seeing them from the air.

You never know, you might be in demand for locating stray dogs.

2 Likes

This was a big story at the time…The Police arrested a couple because a neighbour had told the Police that the couple had a drone at one time…no evidence and they could prove there whereabouts at the time as well… You might recall this…

2 Likes

Oh I have a drone! I haven’t used it since I got it last Christmas (because of lockdown). I can take aerial shots with it, and was really looking forward to playing with it.

I had to buy a licence for mine from the Civil Aviation Authority, and display the licence number on the drone itself. Also very limited as to where I can fly, as most places are built up, near an airport, or near sites which don’t allow flying. :cry:

3 Likes

Trixie I am sure you will show consideration to your surroundings, just like most Model Flyers do…I can remember on our Amateur Radio Licences, rules were just the same…Not near airports for a starters…With our licenses we use to pay yearly and then receive a new yearly one in return…They changed all that and now we have a life time one with no fees…yipee

3 Likes

They are great fun I have had mine for over a year. It is very handy for checking the gutters before the bushfire season.

1 Like

We’ll be enjoying some spectacular pictures here soon then.

4 Likes

I’m also looking forward to the beautiful aerial photography. :video_camera:

2 Likes

:icon_rolleyes: :+1:

2 Likes

I’m also looking forward to your aerial photography Danny, I’ve just purchased a radio controlled digger. It doesn’t fly or take photos, but it’s loads of fun, and it could help Bruce clean out his gutters…
:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Is that a radio controlled cat too ? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well spotted Smiffy, not much gets past you…
:nerd_face:

3 Likes

OK, it arrived! Good news and bad. Good news I bought 2x32gb cards for it. Bad news the 8gb card that comes with it no where to be found. Once I get everything charged up, and it gets light, I’ll go shoot some footage.

2 Likes

The only time I came across one was in the park and my dog was terrified.

Recently watched Salvation on Netflix (slightly futuristic meteor threatens the planet political drama) and it featured micro drones in the shape of insects so small they can buzz in and film you or pass information through air con vents or even kill someone. Creepy stuff.

I wonder whether that could be programmed to pick up your dirty socks and put them in the laundry basket? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Depending whether it’s a mere male Drone or Female one… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So you’ll be claiming for the missing memory card? By accepting your payment, a contract to supply was formed :yes:

1 Like

Yes, but the hassle of getting a card that cost that little not worth it. 2x 32gb was less than $10.00.

1 Like

Great I finally figure it out. Still can’t get it to work with my phone. When I hook it up via wifi I can see the picture on the screen, but I can’t get it to fly. Without phone I can fly it no problem. Soon as rain and wind go bye bye. We’ll give it another go.

4 Likes