I Voted Early

I took the opportunity to vote in the referendum on The Voice to Parliament this morning. The referendum is due to be held on this Saturday, 14th October but I joined the 2 million other people who have already taken advantage of early voting.

They don’t even bother asking your reason for voting early any more, merely, “Are you entitled to vote early?” to which you reply, “Yes”.

Anyway that is my civic duty done for this referendum. If the polls are right then the referendum will fail. It was probably doomed the moment the Coalition decided to support the “No” case, no referendum to change the constitution has ever succeeded without bi-partisan support.

I think that the Minister for Indigenous Affairs should take some of the blame, her performance was, at best, lack luster and unfortunately she has all the charisma of a cabbage.

PM Albo has already said that if the referendum fails he will not introduce legislation to form a “Voice”.

If you want to know what it is about this is a reasonable starting point.

Sadly,it looks like it.My BH and her father have done a postal vote (Yes).
Her mother and I are not eligible.
I hope they don’t miss out by two votes.

When I first registered to vote (for the 1967 Referendum) all you needed was a British Passport. I think Whitlam knocked that little scam on the head. I didn’t become a citizen for another decade.

1 Like

My son said he will vote yes .

2 Likes