I’ve turned my rental property into a multicoloured pad on the cheap –

Apparently is a “thing” though. Its called Cluttercore.
'Cluttercore': the anti-minimalist trend that celebrates mess - BBC Culture
Those imagining week-old cups of tea and discarded pizza boxes associated with the word “clutter” will be disappointed. Even famous scenes of disarray such as artist Francis Bacon’s bombsite of a studio wouldn’t cut it. Cluttercore offers vibrant (but never grimy) explosions of colour and texture, patterns and prints, kitsch against classic. “‘Clutter’ suggests something chaotic to me, so it’s fascinating to see this sort of intentional approach to clutter,” muses Howard. “It’s more creative chaos.”

1 Like

I love it. They have no sense of style. So they make a style out of having no sense of style. Sounds about right. :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Well…yeah, I suppose so. The style of no style…no, can’t think of any way it pleases me.

1 Like

I would let this artistic gentlemen lose with his brushes in my humble abode:-

2 Likes

Would you let your tenants do this if they were artistic, LD? :joy:

If Larry did their decoration, I would say go ahead :+1:

1 Like

Bet you would raise the rent accordingly too

:wink:

If Larry did my house too, I might even consider a reduction :wink::innocent:

1 Like

It’s a firm no from me!
What goes on in that person’s mind?
I prefer a clean uncluttered look with a neutral colour palette

2 Likes

I would agree…although I do like a splash of colour accents. And I don’t mean like this…I mean colourful accessories, like a throw or a few cushions!

1 Like

I totally agree. my guest bedroom has a pop of colour :slightly_smiling_face:

What??..in a bog PK :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Nooooo wishbone!! I meant the living room or bedroom! :joy:

Colour has its place depending on the type and size of the room(s) to be redecorated. Large rooms can carry bold colours and smaller ones less so. Having previously owned a large sprawling Victorian detached villa, the room sizes with high ceilings allowed bold decoration and so did a more modern but still large house we moved to in South Bucks, but this final retirement 1925 house where the room sizes are considerably smaller, plain walls and lighter paints on the trim/doors have been used to reflect light and give a feeling of space that really doesn’t exist.

Doesn’t anyone use Magnolia anymore?

1 Like

I do…its a lovely colour. Very neutral…goes with anything. Its like vanilla ice cream. :+1: I think this girl might have run out though…

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s great! Ab Fab! I’d bet it will be rented out every night of the year within a week of being advertised. Exactly what sells in today’s market.
Personally, I wouldn’t touch it! But I sure it certainly will appeal to others and be a great success!

Let the Lady be, better than loud music.

It’s one of those things that I love in other peoples homes but couldn’t live in it myself

I like minimalist almost to the point of austere, a white washed cell with cast iron fittings type of look! I find it very relaxing.

But well done her for expressing her personality, hope she loves living in it and if her landlord doesn’t mind, why should I or anyone else?