I’ve just eaten…

A huge omelette. In it was a sliced potato, fried, some onion, herby ham, cheese, and two sliced weeny tomatoes. Oh, two eggs. Finished off under the grill. With two slices of bread, a slice of which I had no room in my tum for. Very tasty, but I’m full!

Now, when will I have room for my melon, brown sugar and ginger?

4 Likes

I’m just sitting down to eat some steamed salmon Janet :003:

I’m running late as I’ve spent the last couple hours catching up with all the posts here :lol:

My goodness … this all sounds very healthy.
I’m not saying what I had but my jeans are too tight now.
:hot_face:

1 Like

That sounds good but the contents of your omelette (and what a strange-looking word that is, don’t you think?) would really set my stomach off so plain ham with chees & tom’s for me please.

In return I have four types of melon I’ve just prepared if you want to make a medley of it, and there’s a variety of fruits if you want to head in the fruit salad direction?
:grin:

Yes, what have you done?
And when will you get that holiday which you deserve for all your efforts?
:joy:

2 Likes

Hi

Roast veg, done in olive oil and then microwaved with a can of tomatoes.

Fresh herbs from my garden.

2 Likes

Crikey, I have just eaten some Dorito’s, a banana, a yoghurt and some chocolate. I was supposed to have fish & rice & peas, but that didn’t happen because I wanted comfort food…! :umbrella: :zap:

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with comfort food … I’ve just scoffed a box of minty Matchmakers.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, I haven’t had them since Christmas…don’t tempt me! :smiley:

1 Like

Penne with vegetables (broccoli, fennel, mushrooms & tomatoes) + one slice bacon + one clove garlic with chilli flakes fried in olive oil and partly steamed with low fat cream cheese sauce.

1 Like

@Azz, yes, when will you get that seemingly overdue full night’s sleep? However, your salmon sounds delicious.
@Morticia my kinda gal! I can eat a whole bunch of the orange flavoured ones in one sitting.
The rest of the above meals sound delicious too. Just eating my melon.

And if Holly was answering this question, she’d reply with ‘some of my assorted biscuits’. She disappeared off to the kitchen and came back after a few minutes licking her chops.

1 Like

Tortilla…grated cheese on top and grilled briefly…
sounds very much the same as…

1 Like

Chilly con Carne … that’s what I call my Bolognaise sauce from the freezer with tobacco and baked beans.

I think our guests were impressed.

1 Like

Please tell me you meant to type tomato and baked beans :scream: :joy:

4 Likes

No cooking done today. Had lunch with my daughter and her friend.
Spend the afternoon doing some home spa treatments so Dinner/tea/supper was a order-in smash burger, fries and a chocolate milkshake whilst watching a re-run of Bohemian Rhapsody on Netflix.

1 Like

I had a quarter pounder burger in a sesame bun with sliced gherkins, and a huge salad, with a small handful of chips. It was lush, but it defeated me and some ended up in the bin :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

We never waste food…a chicken is your best recycle,er,

1 Like

I made a couple of individual bread and butter puddings

I butter a couple of slices of raisin toast on both sides and sprinkle with sugar

Then I stuff them into these little pyrex type bowls, the slices are slightly larger than the bowl.

Between slices I sprinkle some sultanas

Pour a beaten egg/milk mixture over the lot and allow it to soak in - I use one egg per bowl. if the bowl was larger then you might need to push the bread down as the egg mixture soaks in. I sprinkle nutmeg on top but any similar spice could be used

The lady I got this recipe from doesn’t put sultans on the top and cooks them in an oven, personally I steam them but you don’t get the crunchy top it you do that.

Those in my picture were my first attempt the one on the right has less milk than the one on the right (to see which was better - more is better)

They may not look spectacularly delicious but actually they taste very nice, I will make a couple more today. Using raisin toast was a stroke of genius by my friend.

2 Likes

Love Bread and Butter Pud…I actually make a larger one and start off by giving it 5 minutes in the Microwave, then a much shorter time in the Oven than my recipe says…
50 grams Butter or Low Fat Spread not margarine as unhealthy stuff
100 grams of Bread cut in Triangles I use Wholemeal/Cereal types
100 grams of Sultanas but can use less or more to taste…
425 mil Milk and 2 Eggs
50 grams Sugar and I sprinkle a little brown sugar on the top for crispness
Oven 120/150 C for 15/20 minutes instead of an hour
I make half this amount for 1…Me, Yummie
bread and butter pud
If you want softer fruit on top, you can just push the fruit in the bread before cooking

2 Likes

I often make a bread pud, but with no fruit. I have also realised that it freezes well.

1 Like

The more fruit the better for moi…I am the mincemeat straight out of the jar, Xmas thief…

1 Like