I trust you Aussies withdrew money yesterday

As it was “Withdraw Cash Day”
With so many businesses trying to stop the use of cash we who want cash to remain as king must do all we can to stop the demise of cash.

2 Likes

My BH is a gardener and will only accept cash.This did confuse some of her younger clients but they are used to it now

2 Likes

As you’d expect from an old militant like me. I regularly withdraw cash from the ATM and pay for everything that I can with cash.

3 Likes

Same here.
I am coming across signs displayed on shop counters “Cards Preferred”
I hand over my cash.
There are a growing number of businesses here in Perth that do not accept cash now.

1 Like

I use cash or cards. Cash might end up costing you more though. Armaguard Australia’s monopoly cash mover is going broke and refused a $25 million bailout to keep it from going into administration

1 Like

Would be curious to find out if more people did draw out cash yesterday, trying to make a point.

I did not - I use cash more than most people but I didnt go and get money I didnt need yesterday.

1 Like

I will keep an eye out to see what the result was and report back. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I keep a few notes in my wallet but they are gradually gathering dust. I expect a few moths to flutter out if I take them out. I do keep some coinage for car park meters.

1 Like

Withdraw cash day saw approximately an extra $500,00 to $680,000 enter the market.
Accurate figures will never be known because one of the banks gave out information, citing “in-confidence” business interests.

@Psmith, @OldGreyFox, @Bruce, @July, @greengage.

Withdraw cash day saw approximately an extra $500,000 to $680,000 enter the market.
Accurate figures will never be known because one of the banks gave out information, citing “in-confidence” business interests.

2 Likes