I saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

Hello

Yes, I hear the Abbey bells. I open the windows Sunday mornings to listen to them, and later in the day.
Tuesday evening is bell ringers practise and in good weather I open windows and listen to that. 7.30 - 9.30 almost always.

And yes again, Wymondham is a nice place to live. It’s a very old Market Town … quaint.
When stroke got me I could have ended up in a far worse place.

as far as I’m concerned when I pop me clogs I will become somebody else’s problem …no one bothers with me to much when I’m alive,so they can bother with me when I’m dead …

I have never seen the point in have a funeral plan? We want the cheapest possible send off no fuss, no wreaths, no flowers no wake. We can well afford to pay for it out of our loose change.:mrgreen:

I’ve saved thousands of dollars by not dying.

I’m nearly as old as this thread.

Ahhhh, and there was me thinking you had reincarnated!!!

Love it!!!

Anyway, I’ve decided I’m not having a funeral - buying a flat-pack coffin, and straight up the cremie for me. No way am I lining those b… undertakers’ pockets

I don’t see any need to “have a funeral plan”.

1. If you own your own home, then the value is probably climbing just as fast as the cost of a funeral.

2. Whoever inherits your house should be really happy to pay for what amounts to, probably 5% of the equity from the property. It would make sense to document your funeral wishes in your will.

3. If they don’t pay for the funeral they probably will not be able to set aside the funeral cost versus what inheritance tax they’ll be paying.

4. If you pay 10 years in advance, the funeral arrangements may have changed, beyond all recognition, by the time you buy it - wait and see!

I do believe it makes sense to pay for and reserve a plot now (if you plan to be buried) as the cemeteries are filling up fast.

I am relying on my family to dispose of my corpse in the cheapest way possible.

I know…they approached me to supply a lead lined coffin and to weld it shut then encase it in concrete:lol:

I don’t blame you for what you’ve done but surely you haven’t saved anything. Only reduced whoever is paying for your funerals bill??
G

reminds me of the old gag about the man who decided to take all his money with him to heaven when he died.

Day of the funeral his wife had the coffin opened and took out the money and left an IOU note instead

Three men playing golf. On the third tee on the road alongside passed a funeral procession. One of the men stopped playing and took off his hat in respect.
When the procession had passed the other two playing with him said what a nice thing that was removing a hat and bowing his head.

The man said well you really should have some respect for your recently departed wife.

Hello, my first post on here.
My parents both had a funeral plan, or so they thought, and were very proud that they wouldn’t incur more expense on their children. However, that didn’t turn out to be the case.
When mother died 2years ago there was an extra cost of almost £2000, Due to inflation!
People please be very careful with your plans, this was the most respectable funeral directors in our town.