I saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

His feet won’t touch the ground if he does :lol:

I think the OP is wasted as a spammer. With the ability to convince the public so convincingly - they could be a politician.

As this thread is a bit quiet I suppose it might be ok for me to come in.

Yesterday in Town (this is a quaint old Market Town) sitting on my buggy at a shop doorway chatting to a couple of people we heard the clip clop of hooves. It was a funeral cortege led by the deceased in coffin in a glass carriage which was drawn by two magnificent black horses … the coach man sitting up wearing his topper and funeral suit. Never seen that before.
Anyway (and if this offends … sorry). As the carriage turned left heading (we supposed) for our Abbey the horses stopped, the stretch limo behind stopped and the driver got out of the limo. At the same time the rear door /s of the carriage slowly opened. I was a bit startled and told my companions I hoped they knew those doors had opened.
You see, when I was a young woman there was a series on tv called ‘In Loving Memory’. Thora Hird figured largely in it. It was about a firm of Undertakers. The episode that sprang immediately to my mind was the one where the daft lad was driving the dear departed and had a ‘prang’ with the hearse. As it ‘hit’ the rear door of the hearse opened, the coffin shot out, skidded along the lane, finally went over the bank and into the river. It floated away with a wreath still attached to the lid. But the bit that still makes my eyes water with laughter is the bit where the ‘boss’ Undertaker is on the phone speaking with relatives of the departed … saying ‘yes I know you didn’t ask for a burial at sea, but it isn’t my fault the lock gates were open’.

EDIT
A few months ago I bought the boxed set of that series after hearing a story about a mishap at a real funeral. :lol:

But Anna , what happened next in real life when the doors opened on the carriage and the driver in the limo got out!

I wish I knew. You see, a large vehicle came along and blocked our view.
Having heard nothing about an unfortunate occurrence with the dear departed that day I suppose the doors were secured and the cortege went on its way to the Abbey.
Our Abbey by the way is the Parish Church. It’s a beautiful Abbey, and very active. I often ride along to visit it. Here’s a link to it.

http://www.wymondhamabbey.org.uk/

Every few days I sort out my change purse and all coins below 50p I put in a plastic dish on a corner of the kitchen counter. When the dish is full I put the cash in a plastic bag and take it to the Abbey … put it in the donation box.
I have a ride around the Abbey then spend a few minutes in the Lady Chapel where I light two candles. The 50p coins I put in the box to pay for those. They don’t ask for it, but I like to do that.
EDIT

From my sitting room window I can see the two towers of the Abbey. They are to the west and the sun sets behind them. Can be a lovely sight.

The Abbey looks very nice Anna , I would also visit it if i was in walking distance .
Wymondham came up on Rightmove when i was looking to move last year,
it looks a lovely place to live …
I love the view you describe from your window ,I had a similar view from my bedroom window in my last house …And I could hear the bells , i expect you can hear the Abbey bells too

Hello

Yes, I hear the Abbey bells. I open the windows Sunday mornings to listen to them, and later in the day.
Tuesday evening is bell ringers practise and in good weather I open windows and listen to that. 7.30 - 9.30 almost always.

And yes again, Wymondham is a nice place to live. It’s a very old Market Town … quaint.
When stroke got me I could have ended up in a far worse place.

as far as I’m concerned when I pop me clogs I will become somebody else’s problem …no one bothers with me to much when I’m alive,so they can bother with me when I’m dead …

I have never seen the point in have a funeral plan? We want the cheapest possible send off no fuss, no wreaths, no flowers no wake. We can well afford to pay for it out of our loose change.:mrgreen:

I’ve saved thousands of dollars by not dying.

I’m nearly as old as this thread.

Ahhhh, and there was me thinking you had reincarnated!!!

Love it!!!

Anyway, I’ve decided I’m not having a funeral - buying a flat-pack coffin, and straight up the cremie for me. No way am I lining those b… undertakers’ pockets

I don’t see any need to “have a funeral plan”.

1. If you own your own home, then the value is probably climbing just as fast as the cost of a funeral.

2. Whoever inherits your house should be really happy to pay for what amounts to, probably 5% of the equity from the property. It would make sense to document your funeral wishes in your will.

3. If they don’t pay for the funeral they probably will not be able to set aside the funeral cost versus what inheritance tax they’ll be paying.

4. If you pay 10 years in advance, the funeral arrangements may have changed, beyond all recognition, by the time you buy it - wait and see!

I do believe it makes sense to pay for and reserve a plot now (if you plan to be buried) as the cemeteries are filling up fast.

I am relying on my family to dispose of my corpse in the cheapest way possible.

I know…they approached me to supply a lead lined coffin and to weld it shut then encase it in concrete:lol:

I don’t blame you for what you’ve done but surely you haven’t saved anything. Only reduced whoever is paying for your funerals bill??
G

reminds me of the old gag about the man who decided to take all his money with him to heaven when he died.

Day of the funeral his wife had the coffin opened and took out the money and left an IOU note instead

Three men playing golf. On the third tee on the road alongside passed a funeral procession. One of the men stopped playing and took off his hat in respect.
When the procession had passed the other two playing with him said what a nice thing that was removing a hat and bowing his head.

The man said well you really should have some respect for your recently departed wife.

Hello, my first post on here.
My parents both had a funeral plan, or so they thought, and were very proud that they wouldn’t incur more expense on their children. However, that didn’t turn out to be the case.
When mother died 2years ago there was an extra cost of almost £2000, Due to inflation!
People please be very careful with your plans, this was the most respectable funeral directors in our town.