I said goodbye to Chloe for the last time yesterday

My heart is with you,Meg, I’m so sorry.
I’m scared of the day I’ll have to do the same with Sari.

1 Like

So sorry to hear this Meg, it’s heartbreaking to say goodbye but it was the right decision if she had no quality of life and couldn’t take her meds, it part of being a responsible owner as no doubt you are, it’s so important to stay with your pet so there is a familiar voice that she knows as your son did, you will always have happy memories of your time together

1 Like

Oh Meg, l am so sorry to read this. Chloe was a little legend on this forum. I even felt, l knew her.
I remember when it was snowing and you carried her across the field, even with your ailments, it must’ve been very difficult for you.
Yes, we have lovely memories of our lovely pets but they are like your children and it’s such a tough time.

As for your new arrival Pippin, she sounds a right handful… but she will help you bear your loss of Chloe… your little darling, darling girl…never to be forgotten. xx

1 Like

Oh Meg, I’m so, so sorry and sad to hear this, I know how devoted you were to your lovely Chloe and my heart goes out to you.

You have many lovely memories to help you through your sorrow and I feel your lovely Pippin will help to provide comfort for you. xx :heart:

1 Like

Hi Mags I’m so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news .
It’s never easy saying goodbye to a loved fur baby. X

1 Like

Hi

I am so, so, sorry to hear this.

You gave her a fantastic life, no one could have done better for her.

1 Like

It is always sad when a much loved pet dies. I haven’t had a dog for years since my Border Collie died about the same age as yours, his companion had died many years earlier from a spider bite.

Very sad.

1 Like

Hello @Meg

So very sorry to hear your sad loss.
I know Chloe had a fantastic life with you I like a few on here I recall you getting her after your heart-breaking loss with Millie when Chloe arrived,she drove the March rain away, she was always your pride and joy a delight.
Remembering also how you told us how besotted she was with Hannah and how she put young Springer Zak in his place.

In fact, when we first met all those years ago about 2004 or so I think, you were then and always will be to me actually known as Minihaha and you had your beloved Amy (schnauzer legend).

i am sure Pippin will be a great companion to you.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss Meg.
Thinking of you. x

1 Like

Thank you everyone for you kind words of support,
I know many of you have had to make an awful decision about a much loved friend so can empathise with just how painful that can be.

3 Likes

So sad, Meg…:frowning:

1 Like

So sorry for your loss .

1 Like

So sorry to hear that you have lost your best friend of fifteen years Meg. There are no words that will take away the pain of your sad loss but I hope the prayers of all the forum members old and new will provide support and love for the future…A special hug from Foxy…
:hugs: xx

1 Like

So sorry to hear that Meg, you did all that you could for her and you have all the good memories being with her. They will always stay with you forever. :heart:

1 Like

A similar thing happened to our last cat, who lived until he was 21. He became increasingly ill near the end, but we hoped that he’d recover after being reassured earlier by the vet. Sadly, he became worse and was clearly in pain, so we took him back to the vet who then agreed to put him to sleep. We have been so close to that cat who was the nicest animal one could wish for.

We now have two young cats (both female) and are, once again, becoming very attached to them.

I am very sad to hear of your loss and know exactly how you must feel. If I may suggest, perhaps you might consider having another pet in the hope that it might help to take away your understandably sad feelings.
John

2 Likes

She’ll wait for you! :heart:

Very sad that you have lost your lovely Chloe Meg. 15 years of unconditional love. You gave her such a good life.

1 Like

My apologies @Meg but I’ve only just seen this post!

May I send my most sincere condolences the loss of such a good old friend, it is always hard but as you know time does heal, although sometimes we feel that the gap that they leave in our lives will never be filled.

We lost Alfie in May as you know, but we have such happy memories of him that he still gives us joy, and we are just thankful that he chose to spend his life with us…

So now sending (((HUGS))) and best wishes to you and your new friend Pippin, I hope you both have many happy years together to help put the sadness of loss behind you.

2 Likes

We lost Maddie the cat last year after 14 years. I know what you mean about them leaving a big gap in our lives Barry…I still look where her basket used to be and expect to see her there…

2 Likes

So sorry Meg…breaks your heart doesn’t it. Remember the good times x

1 Like