I received my notification of my speeding fine

Strange thing is I had the cruise control set at 80 and was flashed at 76kmh.

Appeal. I did on the one and only occasion I received a fine (50kph in a School Zone on the Princes Hwy) and they said because of my good driving record they will remove the fine.

1 Like

I always wonder why people need to drive that fast these days. In my youth I was a tearaway getting tickets for such silly speeds.
Now I have retired I am happy just to sit behind slow moving traffic and not start cutting people up.
Slow down buster, you will find it cheaper. :innocent:

Bruce you have millions of miles of sandy desserts just stay away from schools. :laughing:

1 Like

I didn’t even know it was a school zone, The footpath is fenced from the road and there is a pedestrian footbridge. Normally 70kph. Bastards!

1 Like

@Bretrick I am unable to read that print on your fine notification, so please tell me what the maximum speed was supposed to be. Speed limits are imposed for very good reasons and to me speeding is no better than sticking your fingers up and the rest of the public. If you have AIM RoadSmart in your country, then I suggest you undertake a course run my them.
IAM RoadSmart - Wikipedia

I live in London and what’s troubling me is it’s always been 30mph officially, 40 or 50mph has always been overlooked, to keep the traffic moving. Now suddenly it’s 20mph with cameras every where, fines dished out by the million. It saves lives, but, in all my days I never seen a pedestrian hit by a car.

Speed limit was 70, I was flashed doing 76.

Apparently NSW drivers are often pinged in the ACT in school zones. In NSW the school zones operate between 8am to 9.30am and 2.30pm to 4pm outside those hours normal speed limits apply but in the ACT school zones operate from 8am to 4pm.

I was glad my daughter pointed this out to me otherwise I wouldn’t have slowed down at midday for example.

1 Like