I mildly berated someone and now I feel a little bad

Well in this instance if it were me I’d just blank him and not provide any ammo.
Don’t get me wrong, if someone really ****s me off I’ll respond as I see fit but I have this thing in life about choosing my battles :wink:
But that’s just me Bretrick…

1 Like

I find it best to ignore them, never give them ammunition to go on with.

@Chilliboot - I will totally ignore him from here on in. They certainly do not like being ignored

1 Like

That is the best policy Bretrick - keyboard warriors usually try to cause aggro because they have nothing else in their life, ignoring them is the one thing that really annoys them!

3 Likes

Some people like to post a lot, others , like me, don’t, nothing wrong with either, I don’t post so much now as this forum has changed from what it used to be ( no bad thing) and I only now pop in occasionally, I guess responding negatively to someone’s posts depends on how much they wind you up…

3 Likes

Hi Bretrick keep calm & carry on posting .
Don’t let them get to you :wink: cause that’s their objective.
At time I had a lot worse dished up to me on Buzz .

2 Likes

Normally I would have totally ignored the comments. But to say I was attention seeking was simply ludicrous and throwing a bait out there.
Short sharp response from me, then no further comment.

3 Likes

Was his name Victor Meldrew by any chance?

Honestly, worry not Bretrick, tis not worth it!

4 Likes

just eating chocolate helps me to carry on regardless :wink:
Errr 7st you say on that crease thread ….definitely eat chocolate

1 Like

Some posters offer the bait Bretrick, never pick it up and run with it. Just be polite and get on with life. Where would forums be without posters like you? You, my man, have kept me entertained and interested, so keep doing what you are doing… :+1:

2 Likes

It is kind of you to say so. I will not change. Plenty of posts to come such as this.

1 Like

7 stone was 26 years ago. Today I am 10 1/4 stone :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

He is an attention seeker Bretrick,ignore anything he posts.
I enjoy your posts very much.

1 Like

Thank you.
He is ignored forthwith. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How childish for the person to say, that attention seeking fgs
Seems like they just wanted an arguement ,
You carry on , we love your threads
And Thankyou x

3 Likes

You shouldn’t feel bad for them, they had it coming, jealous and attention seeking

But you should feel bad for yourself because you walked right into their trap and gave them the attention they crave and an opening to keep it going

The only way is to ignore completely and don’t ever respond or give a second chance

Please keep posting everywhere! You’re very good at it and breathe life into the forum :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Well I managed to say nout…
I had to go to A & E this morning as I was not sure about the redness of my left leg that I knocked and the usual things that can occur…I entered the A & E on my own as husband stayed in our car…
I had been there once before and it was a walk in the park…
I saw about 30 people waiting about talking a lot and thought omg here we go…goona take all day here…
Well I chatted along to a lady who was praying a little…then I soon realised they were ALL related to each other…

she said daughter is… blah blah… sons… son in law, daughter in law, father in law, mother in law, grand children etc…well it got noisey I can tell you and after an hour of no movement I asked whether there was any problems…no Doctor for the 1st question…shrug…so I never got to know any of the story but two white coated staff came out and a big conference went on…bit like a meeting in full swing.
think busy tube station with comings and going cause that is what it was like…or was it a film set… :anguished:

In and out the main doors…people piling that is…constant buzzing the switch to open the doors to where you go for your medical examinations etc.

I got ushered in and could see now that the ‘‘ill’’ one was in a room now and relatives where in and out and so on and some looked stressed or upset…I said to the nurse I had…problem??? she just looked with a sympathetic face and said nout… No staff looked bothered by all these goings on…I felt a bit drained for a while by all of it and just did not get all these relatives arriving in the A & E at once… but pulled myself past that and just took notice of me…

3 Likes

Like the others I enjoy and appreciate your posts Bretrick, people like that can dish it out but no good at taking it ! How much does he contribute ?

1 Like

Thank you Maree.
I am over the episode now and normal service will resume. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you for that.
He does not contribute much.
I am over him now. Time to move on.

2 Likes

If you think that was “berating” you are the most sensitive person on the planet. You have nothing to worry about.

3 Likes