I mildly berated someone and now I feel a little bad

On another site a guy said I post too much and that I am only seeking attention.
This guy often makes negative remarks to posters, trying to belittle them.
My response to him was - Stop it. You are such a negative person.
Nothing else, just that.
It is the most negative thing I have ever said to anyone, on any site.
He has not responded as yet and if he does I will completely ignore him.
Though I feel a little bad, I will not lose any sleep tonight.

5 Likes

Don’t take any notice Bretrick… just keep on posting here and stay positive! :slightly_smiling_face::+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

on a site that no longer exists the site owner was having problems with a neighbour and kept asking for my advice. Eventally it was sorted and what happened ? I was ignored from then on.

1 Like

I’m okay.
His response to my comment?

And you appear to be a BS artist.

Some people are really shallow.

people can be brave and write all sorts of things on the internet, but meet them face to face is something else, usually gutless wonders. Can you just blank them on the other site?

1 Like

Well in this instance if it were me I’d just blank him and not provide any ammo.
Don’t get me wrong, if someone really ****s me off I’ll respond as I see fit but I have this thing in life about choosing my battles :wink:
But that’s just me Bretrick…

1 Like

I find it best to ignore them, never give them ammunition to go on with.

@Chilliboot - I will totally ignore him from here on in. They certainly do not like being ignored

1 Like

That is the best policy Bretrick - keyboard warriors usually try to cause aggro because they have nothing else in their life, ignoring them is the one thing that really annoys them!

3 Likes

Some people like to post a lot, others , like me, don’t, nothing wrong with either, I don’t post so much now as this forum has changed from what it used to be ( no bad thing) and I only now pop in occasionally, I guess responding negatively to someone’s posts depends on how much they wind you up…

3 Likes

Hi Bretrick keep calm & carry on posting .
Don’t let them get to you :wink: cause that’s their objective.
At time I had a lot worse dished up to me on Buzz .

2 Likes

Normally I would have totally ignored the comments. But to say I was attention seeking was simply ludicrous and throwing a bait out there.
Short sharp response from me, then no further comment.

3 Likes

Was his name Victor Meldrew by any chance?

Honestly, worry not Bretrick, tis not worth it!

4 Likes

just eating chocolate helps me to carry on regardless :wink:
Errr 7st you say on that crease thread ….definitely eat chocolate

1 Like

Some posters offer the bait Bretrick, never pick it up and run with it. Just be polite and get on with life. Where would forums be without posters like you? You, my man, have kept me entertained and interested, so keep doing what you are doing… :+1:

2 Likes

It is kind of you to say so. I will not change. Plenty of posts to come such as this.

1 Like

7 stone was 26 years ago. Today I am 10 1/4 stone :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

He is an attention seeker Bretrick,ignore anything he posts.
I enjoy your posts very much.

1 Like

Thank you.
He is ignored forthwith. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How childish for the person to say, that attention seeking fgs
Seems like they just wanted an arguement ,
You carry on , we love your threads
And Thankyou x

3 Likes