I may end up with another cat!

Good for you, Twinkle.
Taking in a homeless cat will ensure you a place in heaven.
I make a monthly contribution of £10 to the cat rescue place where we got our two cats a couple of years ago. They do an excellent job and, I believe, also have them ‘snipped’ to avoid them procreating.

That’s true (the emboldened words). When our cats come into our bedroom in the morning (after we have opened the door), one of them at least always slavers whilst padding around on our bed. Fortunately, she usually heads towards Marge.

Thanks for all your good wishes.:slight_smile:

Message from Mr Grey to all OFF members!

Please keep Twink chatting every morning , because it means she stays at her computer & I can sit by her feet for longer! :lol:

It is now 10.50 and he has been with me since 7 this morning!:mrgreen:

Good for you Twink :slight_smile:

Thank you!
I always think that animals are just like babies because they let you know they have a need, but can’t tell you what their need is!:frowning:
I am sure every mother must have heaved a sigh of relief when they have found what their baby needed, but I am now discovering the changes in Mr Greys behavior and, as all mum know, that is when your understanding of their needs gets better!:slight_smile:

I’m so pleased for you both Twinks I was just thinking about Mr Grey the other day wondering how he was I’m glad he has settled in so well

Thanks Summer! He is a very strange cat because he lets me brush & comb him, tickle his ears, but if I walk past him he is terrified & tries to run away. That is why we think his injured leg may have been caused by a kick, rather than a car.
He wants to spend all his time with me, but when I have visitors he acts like aliens have landed!:surprised:
I think this may mean a further year, or so, to teach him that he is always safe here!

You are probably right about the kick…I wonder what happened to him we will never know for sure…but he landed on his feet finding you :slight_smile:

He is sitting on my feet at the moment! :lol:

Aww, that does my heart good, Twink. There really isn’t any superpower greater than giving a needy creature a life of safety, food, and love.

Thank you most sincerely :hug:.

Well Surfermom, you and many other members of OFF do the same! I remember the dog you gave a home to, when you first joined this site.

For most people I think it is a joy when they hear of others being kind to animals ! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update Twinks. What a lovely story with a happy ending. you have done wonders for Mr Grey and it sounds as if he knows it too.

Thanks Dongle! I am wondering if I should have called him Shadow, because in the house the only way I can stop him following me is to close every door I go though… which I would never do!:slight_smile:
He is currently stopping me from moving, by lying on my slippers!:lol:

You would love my cats Sox and George Twinks …Sox has a thing for slippers I’m sure she would get on well with Mr Grey :slight_smile:

Only if Sox is prepared to lie on my right slipper Summer! Mr Grey prefers the left slipper, as it is closer to the heater!:lol:

Sox is a Main Coon …big enough to cover both slippers but she is soft as a brush and does as she is told :slight_smile:

Awww! :slight_smile:
The cat on my profile was found in a sack as a kitten. The vet said he definitely had a parent that was Main Coon, so suspected that a Main Coon mother had unknowingly mated with an ordinary cat & that is why he was dumped!

When he came to me he had such a nice nature, but I believe that most Main Coons are the same.
He became diabetic but didn’t even notice when I gave him his jabs & he lived to be 14 … sadly I lost him in 2006.:cry:

Sox is 11 which is quite elderly for a Main Coon…you are right they have lovely natures. Your profile cat is lovely was his fur silver underneath… thats would really point to him being part Main Coon…their fur is white at the root.

Yes, I noticed that his fur was much paler when I had to find the skin for his insulin Jabs. He was also bigger than my other cats & had big feet! :lol:

we love cats, we used to have two, they lived to 15 and 19 years…now there are 4 who are neighbours cats, they come to our back door most morning for breakfast…

OK folks, all of you that hoped Mr Grey would stay with me seemed to have been hoping too well!

When I sit at my desk to use my PC, he sits by my feet and rolls over so I can tickle his tummy. He rubs his head on my legs in the hope that I will comb him, to help remove his winter coat. If I move to another room he follows me & rolls over again for attention!:surprised:
The only time he doesn’t want my company is if somebody comes to the house ( like deliveries or window cleaners) because he rushes out of the cat flap!
The only thing he likes more than me is a warm radiator & his cozy bed…between 8pm & 6am.
You may think that I get some sleep at that time, but you would be wrong, the other 3 cats then need 3 lots of medication and lots of playtime … which often means pulling long strings for them to chase.
Would I want to be without them…NO
Would I like to get some sleep…YES, that is why my sister has been living here for the past 4 months!:lol: