'I live like it's the 90s - home is a time warp and I use cassette tapes and Nokia phone'

Jack’s love of the 90s comes from his aim of recreating the “cosiness” of his mum and dad’s house from when he was a kid.

• Awww, I think this is lovely!

No thanks, I would love a house that was totally automated or at least worked via a touch screen.

1 Like

I still use cassette tapes (type2) and also VHS too. But then I’m a tape fanatic and use a multi channel for mixing my music. I also use digital, but it’s not the same sound quality.

1 Like

I’m not sure I would like to completley go back to the things I used before…but I still have a walkman and spongy headphones, with a couple of tapes. The sound isn’t great though.

@MrFraggle67 I couldn’t live in a totally automated house either… :thinking:

1 Like

Most of my lighting is controlled from phone as are my window blinds and of course a video doorbell. :grinning:

1 Like

I hated cassette tapes - the sound was awful and they creased, twisted and snapped … :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Well yes, they did…but you could splice them together if it was music you really liked. I did that when I recorded the Top 40 on a Sunday night, followed by Ann Nightingale.

nostalgia road trip now

I like the technology, and the sound of it…but I’m not sure I could use it without feeling utterly lazy! I must admit though, for people with mobility issues, your apps etc would be really good!

The sound would depend on the recording and playback circuitry, plus the quality of the tape purchased. I relied on TDK’s Super Avilyn and I still have at least two unopened wholesaler’s boxes yet to be used. The SA VHS tapes were/are the best too👍

Got these out of our Chalet just to take a photo,
most are copies of LP’s we had purchased, we did not want to keep playing them…
cassettes
They cannot be played again…we do not have a working Cassette Player…

2 Likes

Oh these are great Dianne! Do you have anything to play them on?

If we can un jam the separates we have…Yes…
Husband said would love to play the two rude jokey ones…what!!! :innocent:

1 Like

Haha! I won’t ask :joy:

I just looked up the cost of cassette tapes on Amazon…£26.95 for a pack of 5 tapes, 45 mins each side. They cost more than a walkman to play it on! :astonished: The walkmans are £22.00…

That does seem pricey Trixie…
hi fi
the cassette is the bottom one…
It is old, but looks in really good condition…

2 Likes

I like that set up! If it still works, keep it playing…no point in getting rid of it just because its not so common anymore. I had something similar a few years ago, but gave it away. I do regret it sometimes. Ah well…c’est la vie!

1 Like

Well yes, they did…but you could splice them together if it was music you really liked. I did that when I recorded the Top 40 on a Sunday night, followed by Ann Nightingale.

nostalgia road trip now
[/quote]

Hi Pixie
Ahh home taping,bet you did the same thing I did.
Finger on the pause button of the cassette recorder, waiting and hoping that the radio presenter did’nt speak over the last bit of the song you were recording. :joy:

2 Likes

Totally the same Roj! Thats why I spliced them so I could get rid of the chat :joy: I hated how they spoke as the song was just about to end…always :frowning:

3 Likes

Alan ‘Fluff’ Freeman on the Saturday Night Rock show,that was another one of my faves,I’ve got the tapes I recorded in a box somewhere at my parents house.Well I hope so unless my dad’s recorded over them. :joy:

3 Likes

I remember him too…gosh! Good days eh?

Oh yes indeed.
And thank goodness for Youtube as they have recordings of the shows.

1 Like