I Like to Remember the Good Times

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Up Pompei and Carry On films for me too, sorry to lower the tone but they just crack me up, still watch them now! It’s just my kind of humour……

7 Likes

Lowering the tone is all part of the fun :rofl::+1:

1 Like

I used to like Steptoe and Son but I never really got it

I used to think it was incredibly sad :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I have most of the Carry On films, and watch them often. Carry on Camping is a favourite of mine.

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill movies were amusing.

1 Like
1 Like

An old NYE tradition

1 Like

Some of these old UK shows were poor and sometimes quite offensive. It is not political correctness that denies re-runs of On The Buses, Love Thy Neighbour or It Ain’ Half Hot Mum. It is the weak scripts, ham acting and predictable “jokes”. That and changes in what is acceptable.
I never watched any of the above. as I thought they were poor then. I did watch and laugh at Terry & June and Faulty Towers. Even Monty Python. Watching them now and they are often cringeworthy and rarely funny. Times and humour change.

3 Likes

I loved the American TV series “Soap”. Recently, I was re-watching some of the episodes and I couldn’t believe they made me laugh as much as they did about forty years ago, when I was a young teenager.

1 Like

I think sometimes the predictability was part of the fun, sometimes humour is or rather was about anticipation, waiting for a certain gag or punchline, knowing that it was on its way.

2 Likes

Best of Dave Allen

3 Likes
1 Like