I have to have a hysterectomy

I agree Annie, gallstone pain is awful. I hope they can do something for you. I had my gallbladder taken out about 6 years ago. I had a single stone about the size of a small hen’s egg which kept getting trapped and the pain every time it happened really stopped me in my tracks. They gave the stone to me afterwards to remember them by and I still have it somewhere. They are strange things to look at and boy can they give you some trouble. I would try to get a rereferral from your doctor and ask if you can have the surgery done laparascopically, or maybe as Eileen says get them “blasted”

I’ve heard the pain from a gallstone compared to that of childbirth; never having had either, can’t comment but wonder if it’s true?

I have seen a grown man crawling around the floor in tears of agony, so I can believe the pain must be awful. Do take Aerolor’s advice and see if you can;t get a referal.

When I was in hospital the nurses rolled up a towel for ladies to hold under their tums when they laughed, coughed or sneezed.

My OH has had gall stones and had his gall bladder removed over 30 years ago. He is not the type of person who will show any reaction to pain and illnesses usually but with the gall stones, he couldn’t suppress his pain and screamed. It really frightened me at the time.

Annie darlin’ - hospitals tend to use ultrasound on Gall stones these days, - blasting the stone with high pressure sound breaks it up into ‘gravel’ which is then passed normally through the digestive tract. Go ask your hospital to get you booked into the ultrasound unit.

Cate how are you doing :slight_smile: I hope you are feeling a bit stronger…

Jeanette too :slight_smile: xx

Thank you for asking, I am much stronger now. I am doing most of the cooking, although we still have cleaners in once each week. Obviously because of the aneamia I still feel a bit shaky but on the whole I am very pleased with myself. I even manage to walk with my dog on the green, no lead just walking with him.

Went to the doctors on Friday, took them a tin of Roses Chocolates to say a grateful thanks for the speedy way this was handled. It appears I have a bit of a bacterial infection which I am now taking tablets for. Between you and me I am beginning to get fed up with wearing huge knickers and pads.

I wish we were going into springtime now as the gentle breezes would be so much nicer than the high winds we get around these parts although I can lay in bed and hear the sea when it is a bit rough and I do so love it.

Again thank you for your thoughts, yep I am deffinitely on the mend.:-):-):-):slight_smile:

Good to hear you’re getting stronger Cate darlin’ - for the anaemia and tiredness - a glass of Guinness on a daily basis is a stirling remedy!!!

I did ask the doctor if they did Guinness on the NHS and she said no. Do you remember Sanatogen Wine? I wonder if they still sell it.

Not true Cate darlin’ - I remember fighting ‘powers that be’ many years ago to get some-one a glass of ‘Stout’ on the NHS, and I won!!!

i’m pleased you are on the mend Cate. Do you like liver and onions ? - good source of iron.

Hi Cate :slight_smile: I am pleased to hear you are on the mend , it must be such a relief the operation is behind you now.

I too wish we were going into spring, the thought of winter is quite daunting isn’t it.

Very pleased to hear you are getting stronger, Cate :slight_smile:

You can still get Sanatogen Tonic Wine at “Old Faithful”, otherwise known as Amazon!!!:wink:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dgrocery&field-keywords=Sanatogen+Tonic+Wine&x=7&y=21

I am taking iron tablets and something to stop them causing acid reflux and tablets to stop the wind pain, I rattle as I walk what with pain killers and anti bacterials you can hear me coming for miles.

Cate darlin’ - as the saying goes - ‘Let the wind blow free’.

Oh my gosh it blows free alright in fact if I had to pay for it I would be broke.

Cate darlin’ - just don’t get too near a naked flame otherwise you’ll be jet propelled!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It’s nice to hear you are on the up Cate, the worst is behind you now and when this Winter is over you will emerge like a new flower in the Spring. It would be great if you could get a daily bottle of stout, as Joe says, it’s your only man for building up your strength, after a few I think I could lift a horse, and some of the ones I’ve been backing lately could do with a lift:lol:, take care.

Good to hear you’re feeling so much better now Cate :slight_smile: Take it easy and don’t overdo it-still early days…

Thank you Merz and Jemflux for your good wishes. I like the idea of emerging like a flower in the summer sounds good.

I know when I have over done it and I did yesterday. It is oh so easy when you start feeling well, I was just exhausted last evening and was in bed by nine.

Jemflux, I hope you have better luck with the gee gees. My old mum used to back the dogs and I would love to go to a dog meeting again. We used to live near Walthamstow dog track which has been closed down. Mum used to write down the dogs name and give it to my brother to double up each race until he won. One night it went right up the the last race and he hadn’t won and he bottled out and of course our dog raced home and my mum nearly killed him.