I Have No Car This Weekend..... lt’s Unbelievable Why l Haven’t

Well… ok, maybe that’s just my fantasy…
My mechanic has the sparkliest blue come-to-bed eyes I have ever had the pleasure to look into :crazy_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::joy:

2 Likes

Butterscotch, That made me laugh!
I hope they don’t look in the glove box and find the weapon!

1 Like

Rhian, He was a very nice man but looked like Father Christmas!
He’s here now, stuck up my chimney trying to escape from me!!

bet you had a funny turn, as you do at our age

1 Like

I don’t think anyone will guess this unless they think out of the box!
It’s a bit unbelievable that it could happen and a good job, l don’t need the car this weekend but then again, it could be there longer!

erm…someone stole it from the garage during tea break

1 Like

No, Sorry Macy, but have another guess.

Are the mechanics all at Home in bed with flu’/covid and won’t be back at work for a week?

1 Like

ok then, the mechanic dropped his false teeth in the petrol tank, when they tried to start it, it was making a chattering noise

1 Like

I will tell you why l have no car this weekend…

It’s stuck up high on a car ramp and they can’t get it down.
The ramp hydraulics failed. Someone went out for oil and they still couldn’t get it to budge. The mechanics were going round with long sticks or poles… don’t ask me what they were for?

The manager announced he was Sorry but the ramp wouldn’t budge. He rang the engineer but he’s away until Monday.
He said, the same thing happened recently to another of their ramps and they released it but they couldn’t with this one.
He said, the man whose car was stuck then, went ballistic as he had to be in Wales that evening.
I felt, l couldn’t go ballistic at him but l’m not very happy.

2 Likes

So it’s all up in the air at the moment

Ha! Yes!

That’s no good Art!

1 Like

Thats not good I would be annoyed but sometimes you can’t do anything else but smile and walk away. Maybe they were hoping with the stocks to get a wheel each and lift it down like that.

1 Like

If they put more air into the tyres they could float the car off the ramp like a balloon. SIMPLES

1 Like

I once had a works van in for service and the garage rang me and said the hoist had collapsed and damaged the van, I had to run around in their parts van whilst mine was repaired

2 Likes

I love them But I gave a friend a lift and she thought she was having hot flushes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hoists tip to the side sometimes. It happened at my garage, too, with the car (not mine) even becoming a write-off. “Rather embarrassing” my dealer said when he informed me about it.

1 Like

Just to say, l have now got my car back. They are giving me my next MOT for free.
If l have a service or anything else done, the manager said, he will ‘look after me’.
My daughter, took her son’s car there this morning to have the brakes ‘cleaned’.
When my daughter enquired if the ramp was fixed the manager told her, if she took my car back to me to save two mechanics having to be out returning it to me, he would do the brakes for free plus extras!
I rang the manager to say Thank You for his kind gesture and he said, the ramp has to have a new part costing £2,500 and it will take a few weeks to get the part.

1 Like

Well, no more need to “Ramp Up” this thread. :grin:

1 Like