I finished them!

Great job with the dungarees, Bathsheba.

I know what you mean about taking orders. I feel the same way with my photography - the moment I take a commission my hobby becomes a chore.

Thank you Muddy :slight_smile:

Thank you PooBear :slight_smile:

Yes exactly! I used to be a keen photographer, not so much these days, and I never ever wanted to do it as anything other than a hobby.

I used to be exactly the same when I was being fitted for clothing, hated pins near me too. I sympathise with your Grandaughter, Bathsheba.
You are very talented to be able to make clothing like that, it’s brilliant.

Aw thank you Tiffany, that’s such a nice thing to say! It’s a very rewarding hobby to sew for my granddaughter, and my daughter loves that her little girl wears unique clothes, that no-one else’s child will have.

Nice job Bathsheba. :023:

There’s some talented and gifted folk on this site. Sadly, that doesn’t include me. :frowning:

Thanks Judd. I’m sure you’ve got plenty of hidden talents :wink:

Wow! I think they are wonderful, your granddaughter will be so proud to wear them.

Don’t tell Kate, she’ll want some for Charlotte.

Thank you! Don’t worry, I won’t tell Kate - given that they are unisex, she might want some for George and Louis too! Lord, I couldn’t go through this again 3 times over! :lol::lol::lol:

They are brilliant Bathsheba, you’re granddaughter will be showing them off to all her friends… :smiley:

Thank you Mags - my daughter really wants the school to have a mufti day now so her little girl can show them off :slight_smile:

What’s a mufti day? I’m thinking it might means wear what you like, or a dress down day, but does it stand for anything?

I was also wondering what that was Pixie, I’ve never heard that expression before…

Oh I thought this was a widely used term, but maybe it’s only popular in our part of the UK. It means a ‘dress down’ day, wear what you like. It is, I think, used by the military when in civilian clothing. I found this on wiki:

The word originates from the Arabic: Mufti (مفتي) meaning an Islamic scholar. It has been used by the British Army since 1816 and is thought to derive from the vaguely Eastern style dressing gowns and tasselled caps worn by off-duty officers in the early 19th century. Yule and Burnell’s Hobson-Jobson: A Glossary of Colloquial Anglo-Indian Words and Phrases, and of Kindred Terms, Etymological, Historical, Geographical and Discursive (1886) notes that the word was “perhaps originally applied to the attire of dressing-gown, smoking-cap, and slippers, which was like the Oriental dress of the Mufti”.[3]

Heavens, now I’m wondering how long it’ll be before the usage is banned for being racist, or for deriving from a style of dress that was culturally appropriated :shock: :lol:

Ah - but it does!:smiley:

So it is - even lovelier!:smiley:

I know that feeling - when I was at college (light years ago!) I used to spend my weekends makings earrings - and sell them in the college coffee shop to help pay my fees. It was fun - at first - but soon became a chore. Didn’t make any jewellery at all for a long time afterward. :-D:-D

Thanks for that, Sheba! I think its a cute name, with an interesting history, so I hope it stays and nobody gets all uppity over its usage! :smiley:

Brilliant job, really impressive.

Thank you so much LD :slight_smile: