I finished them!

I made these dungarees for my nearly 6 year old granddaughter. They were a swine to make, but I’m pleased with the result. And she was thrilled with them! I took these pictures before I’d hemmed them because I needed to try them on her, but they’re all done now.

1 Like

Love them Bathsheba :slight_smile:

Those are great - love the cat embroidery!

Wow, Sheba…these are fab! Well done you for having the patience to stick with them! Loving the little cat & dog - how did you do that? :smiley:

Gosh these looks so professional, and I am sure your wee granddaughter will be so pleased to wear them.

Top job Bathsheba , can you make me some 44 chest and 29 inside leg… :lol:

Thanks Meg :slight_smile:

I have a four year old granddaughter, do you take orders?

Thanks Tabby - have a closer look, it’s actually a cat and a dog curled round each other!

Thanks Pixie. I do love sewing, and make most of my granddaughter’s wardrobe, but this one really tried my patience! The cat and dog was done on my embroidery machine - I bought the design online. Actually, come to think of it, this design was a freebie if I remember correctly.

Thanks Last Tango. My little granddaughter absolutely loved them when I popped round with them last night. She wasn’t so happy to try them on so I could pin the hems up though - she gets really angsty about me going anywhere near her with pins!!!

Haha, sorry Barry, but the pattern only goes up to age 12 :lol:
But thank you :slight_smile:

Wow sheba, they are fabulous. I can see why she’d be thrilled. I cant sew for toffee, you are an excellent seamstress. Will you make me some:mrgreen:

That’s something I’ve always said I would never do, unfortunately. The day I take orders would be the day my enjoyable hobby becomes ‘work’, and all the fun would go out of it!

But thanks for the compliment Ulla :slight_smile:

Aw thanks for those kind words LQ :-). But no, sorry, haha! This pattern only goes up to age 12 (and they were such a mare to make I don’t think I ever want to sew a pair of dungarees again!!!)

I agree Sheba. I feel the same way about my gardening.

Yes, I can understand that. If I were a much younger woman, I might think about my sewing as a way of supplementing my income - sorely needed when the kids were little and we had a mortgage.
If all the internet resources and help were around back in those days, I might have had a little sideline, who knows? Although I’ve been sewing for over 60 years, I have learnt more in the last 5 years, with all the online help, than I did in all the previous 55+ years!

Great stuff!

Great job with the dungarees, Bathsheba.

I know what you mean about taking orders. I feel the same way with my photography - the moment I take a commission my hobby becomes a chore.

Thank you Muddy :slight_smile: