I don't like Amazon's new approach

I don’t want my credit card linked to my palm. I don’t like the direction this is going. I think we’re taking convenience too far!!
What about you?

2 Likes

I’ve never liked Amazon and I prefer to find what I need elsewhere.

1 Like

Creepy and intrusive. Someone should start a counter trend of normal world shops and techno free experiences.

1 Like

Nope, not me. I won’t be splashing about in their game pool. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

My fingerprint is linked to my iPad for payments and access.

1 Like

I stick to passwords and pins. I was told if you use fingerprint ID to access your phone and you get a cut on that finger or other injury, it won’t recognize you.

True, but you can register two or several fingers to your phone for ID. It’s probably unlikely that all registered digits would become injured simultaneously. And anyway, if your fingerprint isn’t recognised, you can still access your phone via your pincode.

1 Like

In the unlikely event injure your finger so badly it’s recognisable you can use your pin or register another fingerprint.

2 Likes

Once stolen, fingerprint and facial recognition information cannot be retrieved. An individual will potentially be affected for the rest of their lives.

entire article

Why I don’t trust the technology. You can always change a password or pin, but your fingerprints and face are here to stay, hopefully.

1 Like

Is it minority report or another sci fi dystopian movie where someone cuts a finger off to access a fingerprint-triggered lock? Hello brave new world!

1 Like

For the vast majority of people, a fingerprint will be the more secure way to go. Even with the 10-attempt erasure feature turned on, it’s possible—however unlikely—that someone could guess your PIN. Without the 10-attempt erasure, your PIN is subject to brute-force attacks which will eventually crack it.

1 Like

They don’t need to cut off your finger. Just obtain a digital copy. With all the data breaches out there today I am very careful about what I put on the web so to speak.

Error

1 Like

Sorry, but this is a case of keeping my hands to myself. I feel we are becoming to complacent about what we share through technology. I mean we live in a state now where ransom ware is being used successfully. How protected is the personal info we keep putting out.
According to Sophos, the average bill for recovering from a ransomware attack, including downtime, people hours, device costs, network costs, lost opportunities, ransom paid, etc. was $1.85 million in 2021. Sep 9, 2021. That’s only 9 months worth.

that’s why they have two step authentication. They may crack your pin but that’s only one part of the deal.

1 Like

Pretty soon they will be chipping us all. They are already doing it to some in the world as I understand it. Employees are offered jobs on condition they agree to be chipped. Nuts

My worry has never been my devices. 2 step authentication is great. I’m worried about being back hacked. They don’t have access to my devices. But between Google and Social Security Administration they have access to nearly everything. These institutions get hacked or others your 2 step authentication won’t matter the backdoor is always easier.
I change PW and PINs monthly. When it comes to personal info I’m stingy.

1 Like

The most recent data breach involving Amazon itself occurred in October 2020 , when a disgruntled Amazon employee leaked customer data to a third party for the second time that year. There have also been numerous breaches in Amazon Web Services (AWS) over the years, most often due to improperly configured S3 buckets.

Just saying… and I have no idea what an S3 bucket is, but now I have to look it up.