I don’t like football

Oh that SONG!!!
It has to be the single worst thing about England’s success:shock:

I have to say I’m pleased for them though, even though I’m a proud Welsh woman!
I think it has a lot to do with being emotionally invested in some of the players at club level. I find myself willing them on by mistake!!!:blush:

That’s not a very daring statement. A ‘devil may care’ attitude is saying you do have an interest in football (well, here anyway). Vague though it may be, I have some interest in tonight’s match. There, I’ve said it. :slight_smile:

That’s a really lovely message, Artangel! :slight_smile:

I passed your message on to the lads earlier, and you’ll be glad to hear that they have replied saying that they’ve decided to win this time! :cool:

They told me that you can get that whole bottle drunk right now, and order a couple more for later! :smiley:

Could be worse - Scotland had “yes sir we can boogie!” :roll: We had T-Shirts and flags with it on!

Thanks for that, Percy. Never thought they’d be storing data so specific as a team sheet for a specific match played so long ago!

I went to school with George Berry. He was in the year above me. I played for my third year team, and also a couple of times for the fourth year team alongside him. At that time I was absolutely obsessed with football because England had won the World Cup not long before. :cool:

He was my first real football hero. All these years, I never understood why he didn’t make it into the England team, until you just pointed out he is Welsh! LOL! :smiley:

Okay - that’s my claim-to-fame for today. Tune in for another one tomorrow! :mrgreen:

UGC, You lickle fibber, you haven’t passed my message on to the players at all! :lol:

Otherwise, Thank You for your nice words! :slight_smile:

Yes, Rhian, it’s a dreadful song and nearly everyone apologises for uttering the words!

Is ‘Sweet Caroline’ any better? I am not keen on Neil Diamond songs!

I can’t stand football, I never watch it, even the big games but then I don’t need to, my neighbours let me know when England score LOL.

I won’t be watching but I will say I’m really rooting for our boys.

I was really saddened to hear that some Scots are hoping for Italy to win, we are neighbours for goodness sake. Apparently they don’t want to hear ‘us’ bragging as they have had to endure for 55 years. Hmmmm, nowt na queer as folk, but you would think they could support their neighbours

Yes, sorry, I’m afraid you’re right. I’m just trying to get you drunk! :mrgreen::smiley:

Allright now everyone. Quiet now please. Intensive pre-match analyses are being performed by Lineker, Shearer, Lampard and Ferdinand.

The very outcome of this match may depend on what these experts have to say! :cool: :smiley:

Oh, and don’t worry if we’re 3-0 down at half-time, these lads also provide mid-match analyses, so Italy have got no chance - we’re still gonna win anyway! :smiley:

I have not seen one English flag around here in the pubs or cars. Its like living in mini-Italy right now :frowning: I think that answers it, sadly, Arty. I don’t care who wins…I just want it all done with :smiley:

Nice to know I’m not the only person not watching the football.

I’m not a football fan - but wow!!!
What a tense & exciting match & heartbreaking at the end.

My commiserations to any fans on here.

I hope there’s not too much trouble on the streets & in the pubs. Could be a busy time for the police.

Goodnight everybody.:slight_smile:

I have to agree with you, women make a normally pretty boring game (too many draws) interesting without all the drama and over acting in the penalty box.

Not that I have much interest in sport but it was nice to hear of Ash Barty’s win at Wimbledon, the time since Australia won a female final is nearly as long as England’s lack of soccer success.

I have to agree with you, women make a normally pretty boring game (too many draws) interesting without all the drama and over acting in the penalty box.

Not that I have much interest in sport but it was nice to hear of Ash Barty’s win at Wimbledon, the time since Australia won a female final is nearly as long as England’s lack of soccer success. She is such a lovely girl too.

The better team won.

England lucky to get penalties. Italy are clearly in a different class.

England lost cohesion after about 20 minutes.

In my opinion, overall tournament top three positions on points as follows:

1. Italy
  2. Spain
  3. England

So England can be very proud of themselves.

The aged Italy team looked a bit tired for the last 20 minutes of extra time. Yet they were still able to play at least as good as England.

Italy clearly dominated for 75% of the game.

In my opinion, the crucial difference overall was that Italy played 1- or 2-touch football, whilst England played 3- or 4-touch football, and even expected time to think about where they were going to pass the ball next.

The better team won.

England have great potential. At times England can play such fast, incisive football which any opposition will find impossible to predict. England really can be undefendable at times. But they need to practice faster possession football.

England may perhaps have done better by following Jurgen Klinsman’s advice at half time - to go for the throat - to get the second goal. But then again, I doubt that Italy would have allowed them to do this.

Once it went to penalties, Italy became clear favourites. Not because of luck, or nerves, or psychology, or anything like that. All you needed to do to understand this was look at the height of Jordan Pickford compared to the Italian keeper.

Enough objectivity. Ere’s some right proper 'uman emotion for yer:

GUTTED! :cry:

And some real patriotic explanation of why we lost:

WE WUZ DUN I TELLZ YER! :twisted:

Followed by some scientific analysis:

THE REF IS AN ITALIAN NAZI FASCIST PIZZA-HEAD OOH SHUD BE STRUNG UP FROM THE TIP OF A BLADE OF THE NEAREST OFF-SHORE WIND TURBINE! :twisted:

LOL! :smiley: Just kidding!

Congratulations Italy! :smiley:

Here’s the opinion of a bloke that "never watched it ,
England played very well for the first 20 minutes and were in total
control, then they brought a whole lot of new players on and ltaly
started coming into the game untill half time !!
In the second half, ltaly took over by playing possession football
and ran England ragged untill they got the equaliser then England
started playing possession as well but it was too late and went into
penalties!
On the whole, ltaly had more of the game but it ended in a draw !!
The rest was just a lottery!!
We lost!

Donkeyman!

Well that was pretty painless, I managed to avoid it all day and until I got to work this morning.

I have to ask are Italy going to be the new Germany.?

On the game we were good for a few minutes.
Southgate never has much of a game plan and it showed last night.
4 subs were introduced but like the previous game he realised he had sent on the wrong player (why does that not surprise me.)
The 3 that stayed on for the penalties all missed.
(Now why did that not surprise me.)

But not to worry things are starting to look up.
The Queen will give out her awards to the squad Southgate may even receive a Knighthood or something like that.

Plus we only have to wait another 55 years before we get to another final.