I completed my bowel cancer screening test today

The Australian Government sends every person over the age of 50 a free screening test every 2 years.
This is the first one I have completed since turning 50. Only 11 years overdue.
I received the kits but never completed the tests.

1 Like

You should complete the test Brett, I did mine a couple of weeks ago, results Normal.
We are the same over here in England Bowel screening every 2 years.

2 Likes

I have completed the tests. Will post it tomorrow.
It was all the previous tests I never done.

1 Like

“Doing the test” has become second nature to me now … :poop:

NHS bowel cancer screening: FIT kit instructions (English) - GOV.UK.

A picture is worth a thousand words … :mask:

2 Likes

I know someone who works where these are processed and she said far too many people send far, far too much! :rofl:

( to be on the safe side ?)

Really, only a tiny amount required!

2 Likes

I always completed mine but don’t receive them any more, I am of an age where they think bowel cancer is the least of my worries

1 Like

i did mine, the first test was inconclusive, the secont test showed cancer, so i had to have the camea…lol…i think it was my third or fourth visit when after the test i was just lying there waiting for the air they pump in to be pumped out by natural means, the doctor was typing away fruriously when she became aware i was watching her ‘i’m typing your report, would you like to hear what ive written?’ she strarted by saying something about the entrance [ive had the piles sorted-ish] so i cleared my throat and she looked up at me ‘anything wrong?’’ yes’ i pointed out ‘there is no entrance there doctor, that is an exit’ well she almost wet herself, she said ‘ive been doing this for over twenty years and i never even considered that’

1 Like

Crabby :laughing:

I’ve completed all of my tests but can request further tests

2 Likes

I received the results of my test.
Negative
As I thought it would be.
Taswegians are made of Tassie Tough Stuff :rofl:

I sent mine off a couple of weeks ago, no news yet…

1 Like

I reckon it will be delivered Monday or Tuesday. :slightly_smiling_face:

good luck Annie, one thing the bowel people suggest is that you steer clear of constipation, so many old folks die in the 'out-house on another forum there was a thread on this very subject…lol… the suggestion that i followed is ‘pitted prunes’ you should eat five every night, why not try it?

1 Like

Thanks, I do make a nice pork loin, marsala, prune casserole and do put prunes into other casseroles or roasts but on the whole they are a bit too sweet for my taste in their natural state. I eat plenty of veggies and avoid bread so don’t often have blockages. Some say rice gives you constipation. I rarely touch it.

I checked my GP online account and thankfully the bowel test came back negative which is a relief! As these new FIT kits are super sensitive a negative result is pretty much about 98-100% accurate. Phew!

1 Like

Good news for the both of us. Free of the worry for another two years.

A guy had a perforated penis and asked his Dr for help. The Dr said go find a person who plays the flute, he will tell you the best finger positions.