I can eat practically anything and never turn my nose up at any food - how about you?

Isn’t it strange that we can express our likes and dislikes about food but not our likes and dislikes about people and countries without being considered to be a racist.

I don’t find it strange that we can express our likes or dislikes about food or particular people.

I do find it strange to dislike a country - or for that matter, a religion.
Both comprise good, bad and indifferent people.

Couldn’t agree more Pum … Impossible to dislike an entire nation and its topography too.

You can still spell “topography” (however irrelevant) after what you’ve had to drink ?!

Us English like just the odd G and T Pum, we don’t need to drink ourselves into insensibility like the Aussies and the Scots.

Copiously, it seems. :048::048::048::048::048:

OK, I’ll give it a go :slight_smile:

Me too Mups. How can anyone like a bit of tongue?

Now why do I feel all is not as it seems . . .

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/no/t2655.gif

Sorry Mups, I was speaking about animals tongues. The vey thought of them makes me shudder .

Oysters, I have been told they should still be alive when you swallow them and if you make the mistake of chewing them they get bigger in your mouth… I feel sick just telling you that :frowning:

When little Sunday tea was either winkles and welks we gleaned for ourselves at the rocky beach .

Or if mum had some spare cash we felt lucky to have pigs trotters , we all loved them , well did at the time , I think it was because if we didn’t eat them we went hungry . Not sure if I could eat pigs trotters now though

Oxtail and pigs trotters were often on the menu and we used to enjoy them as children, although I’ve not heard of them for years and don’t know if you can still buy them. The one thing that I couldn’t eat and turned my stomach and where I drew the line was brawn…

Hi

I have had deep fried Cobra in garlic and diced jelly fish, both quite nice.

I draw the line at beetroot, can’t stand the stuff.

I wouldn’t go to China and eat fried ants and other bugs, also wouldn’t eat Eels or Rollmops, but I like most things.

Beetroot is a lovely vegetable, we just grate it raw for salads and it also makes a wonderful addition to roasted root veg, yum yum… :wink:

The first time I tasted tongue was when my husband introduced me to his family for the first time. MIL-to be made some sandwiches for supper an unknowingly to me I bit into one and almost heaved when I realised what it was.
Being polite and not wanting to offend though, I sat and slowly ate the sandwiches while managing to put several pieces of it in a handkerchief when I thought no-one was looking. To this day I have never told Mr Mags that I hated his mother’s sarnies! :lol:

I always used to like cold tongue, as a child. BUT! A very big but, comes when I was served hot tongue in curry sauce. My late Father lived in Denmark, I went for a visit and that is what was served. I just could not it it.
I tried but it was horrid.:shock:

I have an a tremendous capacity for eating, and enjoy most things put before me, except cooked bananas, I’ve only tried them once, many years ago, so if I tried again I might not mind them, but don’t want to try.

I can’t eat anything which has come out of an animal’s mouth. I’ll have an egg. boom boom