I bought a poor quality Mars Bar today

There was no evidence of melting of the chocolate coating.
Looks to me like it was lightly crushed, as the chocolate coating was broken all the way around the top allowing the gooey caramel to flow out.

Sounds like one pallet has been placed on top of another (during transportation maybe) The extra weight will crush the ones on the bottom. (I used to work in manufacturing and there were stacking limits to prevent this very same issue)
They might even send you a voucher for some free products :smiley:

It’s a good idea to complain about poor quality, I do too. Include the best before date and/or batch number.

My latest was a box of Pringles that was just broken bits and a can of Scotchguard that sprayed in blobs, I say latest but it was probably over a year ago now.

At one time they often sent you a box of goodies but these days it is usually a Coles/Woollies gift card. though Scotchgard did send me a package of just about all their products.

In the late 80s I was visiting the UK and my mother bought a tin of SPC fruit (Australian brand) it was faulty (I can’t remember why) so I wrote to the importer to complain, They sent her a box of a dozen SPC products.

It helps use up my Pensioner Concession postage stamps too :wink:

1 Like

I like to let companies know when there is a problem with their product.

I took a bottle of red wine back to a Coop branch some time ago. It had a real cork and had obviously gone bad. I got my money back plus a replacement bottle of wine. So it is always worth trying!

1 Like

It looks rather squashed and gooey.
Do you think that’s how the papery taste /contamination came about .?

How disappointing.

2 Likes

Paper and caramel was stuck together. Why it tasted of paper.

1 Like

Sorry, Bretrick but it really sounds to me as if someone sat on it! :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, someone squashed it :rofl:

If somebody made a genuine complaint about a product of the company I worked for they would automatically be sent a £10 off voucher. It’s a good will gesture but also it’s valuable information for the company, they use the info to eliminate issues on the production line/warehousing/distribution systems. If the company doesn’t know it has a problem it can seriously damage their reputation so they appreciate the feedback. Well done Bretrick.

A rather prompt reply from Mars Wrigley Confectionary Australia

I sent my observations on Friday and received this Response on Monday morning

Thanks for contacting us about MARS®. We’re sorry to hear about your experience and we appreciate the photos attached.

It seems like your product has been affected by excessive heat prior to your purchase. Confectionery moves through a long distribution system from manufacture to retail.

Sadly, it’s not possible for us to maintain control over storage conditions once products leave our warehouse. We’ll make sure we share your feedback with our Distribution Team for their awareness.

So that we can replace your product, we’d like to send you a e-gift card to use next time you’re shopping. Unfortunately, our Coles e-gift cards are currently unavailable however, if you’re okay with Woolworths, we’ll then send you a link and you can take your smartphone/device to the supermarket to scan it at the checkout.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Vincent Saraga Sullera

Mars Consumer Care

4 Likes

You should seek compensation, for not being helped to “Work, Rest and Play”!!

1 Like

A Mars Bar or two will be elegant sufficiency.

Yup, excessive heat from someone’s ass!

Good on you for complaining though, and well done them for the response

Enjoy your replacements :yum:

2 Likes

credit where it is due - that is a prompt and fair response from the company.

1 Like

Neapolitan ice cream - lovely!

1 Like

Dislike chocolate flavouring (even though I love chocolate) so my kids always got mostly brown ice cream when I dished out neapolitan (they didn’t care).

2 Likes

A follow up to my response to Mars.

Thanks for your reply and for providing us with the additional information.

Your concerns and feedback are important to us, and we appreciate your efforts to let us know about this. We’ve shared the available details with our Distribution Team for their awareness.
As a gesture of goodwill, we will arrange to send you a physical voucher via post. Kindly note that we’re unable to replace vouchers that are either lost or stolen.

Thanks again for reaching out, and we hope you’ll continue to enjoy our products.

The sign of company looking to protect its market share and reputation. A good business strategy to have. :clap::clap:
Have you received your voucher yet?

Easter holidays.
Might come by post on Wednesday.

1 Like