I bought a new (used) car yesterday. 19-04-2024

Got the price I wanted for the MG - $15,000. Dealer never went for a test drive.
Car was priced at $29,000, less trade-in I paid $14,000 cash.
My new (used) car. Mitsubishi ASX. 2018 Model. 36,000 km on the clock.

1 Like

That is a sweet looking ride! Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Got a call from the dealer this morning.
He found an identical car, 2022 model, same blue colour with 3 years warranty attached.
The kicker is - same price.
What an amazing thing for the dealer to do for me.

Two old cars were sold, both resulted in less than $500 usd. The mileage on both exceeded over 100,000 but still.

I’m hoping to fix up my existing car, get some more mileage out, its at 144,000. Buy a decent car in about 3 weeks, buy an old car, and hopefully if the stars allign, get a nicer car 2 years from now. Most of cars have been highly dependable, and if the laws allowed, I would have married a car instead.

Most dependable things in my life. cars :slight_smile:

I sure hope you get what you want. Patience and no rash decisions pay off handsomely in the long run.
Good luck.

1 Like

I’ve never been an outdoors type of gal, but been thinking it might not be too bad to invest in a RV, get a job as a park host. It would depend on the wi ability and work duties. Something to think about. Good thread.

RVs allow more freedom to go where you want. More so than a small sedan.
Do some thinking over the next 6-12 months. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

6 to 12 months sounds about perfect. several lose threads should tighten up more.

i’m hoping the mifis are more powerful now, but I bet there are limitations. Definitely the next year…changes are mine :).

Getting back to your car, any good plans? the picture, if its the actual car, nice background

More reasonable timeline item for me:

Although probably a small SUV, but I think it’ll be harder to learn how to put a kayak on it.

1 Like

Interest rates here seem high, and repairs are not needed so going to keep on keeping on until EV is the only product out there. Most likely 10 years away when it comes to the infrastructure needed at every town and city to fix all their mirid types of problems possible. To me this is like the Turn of the 20th century debacle of Steam or no Steam.

2 Likes

The picture is not my car. Generic pic from the net.
my plans are to spend more time in the bush - forest -woods, with all Australia’s dangerous critters. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s upside down.

2 Likes

I’ve got to ask you this Bretrick, what’s mobile reception like down there in the bush? Surely you’d need some means of communication in the event of an emergency?
Unlicensed radio isn’t an option in the UK, all we have is 446 PMR which would be next to useless! :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

The main National carrier Telstra covers a huge swarth of the bush.
Some carriers have very bad coverage, even none.
There are booster stations at various points.
Because Australia is so huge, with great tracts of land with no people, it is not possible to cover the whole of the country.

1 Like

Ah! In my mind it would have been some kind of emergency radio chanel, we could probably do with a few booster stations at certain locations here.

1 Like

There most likely is an emergency radio channel. But one needs a handset for that.
I suppose those who venture far into the outback would have all the essential emergency equipment at hand.

1 Like

Less effective, but will be able to pencil in, gave it a good effort try.

2 Likes