I Believe In Fairness

Imagine how this guy must have felt, being rejected constantly.
One would give up after a while and lose hope, in life, in society, in living.

1 Like

He should have just “Self Employed” and left all the “Wankers” to it :icon_wink:

3 Likes

Why would anyone take a massive folder of failures to a job interview :roll_eyes: unless he was aiming for an entry into Guinness book of records for rejections…

1 Like

So they can still claim the benefits???

You can’t really know whether he has been given advice or not - some people are not adaptable and they think they know best or just don’t take advice on board.

In my experience, here in U.K., if you have been shortlisted to the interview stage, then you are usually contacted after the interview to let you know whether you have got the job or not. All the companies I have been involved with would give some feedback to the unsuccessful interviewees as to why they weren’t selected for the job.
Whether the applicant takes that feedback on board and reflects whether to change the way they approach future interviews is up to them.

I have a friend who spent long periods of time unemployed and job-seeking. I lost count of how many jobs she applied for. In her case, she rarely got to the interview stage and I could see why.
Her CV was written in a way that would put prospective employers off.
I used to be involved in recruitment and selecting candidates for interview in my own workplace, so I tried to give my friend tips and examples of what employers would be looking for in a CV and how she could tweak her own CV to give her more of a chance of getting to the interview stage but she took no notice and kept sending the same CV off for every job she applied for.
Some people just don’t see that if you keep doing things the same way, you are likely to keep getting the same result.

1 Like

Maybe he was going for the sympathy vote…I’m sad it didn’t work for him.

I hate these group interviews where people have to compete with others for Jobs not everyone does well in those situations…I don’t think I would anyway.

Thank goodness those working days are behind me…it seems like a dog eat dog environment these days.

2 Likes

Attending my first interview to be an apprentice engineer back in 1965, the boss said can you start work on Monday? I said I could and that was that…The rest is history…
:sunglasses:

Unfortunately for that applicant, the wrong attitude would have shown from the minute he walked into the interview room. I used to impress complete and utter positivity into all of my staff either up for promotion or on rare occasions applying externally for a position elsewhere. It is always imperative at any interview to exhibit self confidence and never to look surprised if confronted with a question that was difficult to answer. It is better to state that something is just outside one’s present scope but show a willingness to learn and adapt, rather than to try and bluff your way through. I used to sit on such boards and it was easy to see through any bovine excrement, but if someone showed a keenness and declared a willingness to learn, then that ticked a box for me.

2 Likes

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst . Source: theidioms.com

One interview I attended, a very posh office, did okay but was aware the interviewer was not comfortable. Swivel chair was slowly going down, tried unsuccessfully not to laugh and failed.

3 Likes

Never fill in awkward silences at an interview :smiley:

1 Like

:astonished: really !

There are some professional interview failures who are obligated to attend a prescribed number of interviews to maintain benefits, who have no intention of getting a job.

2 Likes

The chair of an interview board should ensure that silences do not occur if it’s conducted correctly.

On one to one interviews, it’s a deliberate ploy to make a person incriminate themselves, if this happens the interviewee needs to claim the 5th amendment.

The job, 5th amendment, insanity, tough choices. But when the chips are down, say nothing, keep smiling.

What a bummer. Stay kind y’all.

4 Likes

Had a sinking feeling the position would go to another candidate.

1 Like

Awkward Silences :icon_wink:

the last time I went to Furness it had a beautiful quiet tranquility about it as if it would never reject anyone?

Unless on is being interviewed for a position in a Chip Shop :icon_wink: