I am still working and this morning my alarm woke me up

But I wouldn’t be able to sleep if I was thirsty.I don’t drink tea after 5pm…

1 Like

I had to look that up. Sorry sly old grey :fox_face:

1 Like

Me too :089:

1 Like

I’ve had the TURP op,it has helped.

3 Likes

I looked it up. Glad it’s helped you. :023:

1 Like

I actually drink a cup of water before retiring to bed Mr Smith.
DR Berg on youtube recommends that most heart attacks occur in the early hours because of dehydration, and a small glass of water will prevent one. It doesn’t seem to make any difference to the frequency of passing water during the night.

2 Likes

A crazy dream from Spitty’s past usually wakes him, then just ignoring does the trick.

1 Like

I’m not sure how but I always wake and listen for the alarm to go off…its like I don’t trust it to do its job so my body clock wakes me up to check it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I am always awake well before the alarm is due to sound.
Rare occasion when I am awoken by the shrill sound :slightly_smiling_face:

Sometimes I am bought round by becoming aware that I have passed wind in my sleep, my Wife is annoyed about getting a rude awakening!!!

Not usually when working, unless an exceptionally early start. Now at 80+ it’s my bladder that wakes me at 5 and after that I stay up and start my day down in my music workshop for an hour.

1 Like

Even when I am not working I usually wake before the alarm would have gone off. I turn it off on my no work days.
I am in bed early most nights. 8pm is late. :grinning:

1 Like

I’m usually awake and up around 5.30 regardless.
Depending on the time of year I’m roused by the dawn cacophony, the crows , magpies and the honking of the Canada geese on the local pond.
No cockcrow round here.

1 Like

Best time of the day.
I love birdsong, watching the sun rise. Experiencing the early morning fog on the river in the winter time.

4 Likes

Indeed!
We’ll often take a container of wild bird mix and feed them.
That’s very probably why they wake me up :wink:

1 Like

In’t it brilliant living in the country Chilli…
:+1:

3 Likes

I’ve been feeding them.It’s all go here in the early AM.We come back from the walk and there’s lots of beady little eyes looking out for us.There were eight kookaburras today and assorted others.

2 Likes

I’m more semi-urban Foxy… halfway between London and the coast, best of both worlds I suppose.

1 Like

I had to rely on alarm clocks. Yes, I had two placed in strategic spots which provided the need to get out of bed to put off.

After retiring early for bad health, I had the bestest alarm clock, my wee daughter, then the following year my big son.

I had a purpose in life after working outside in an office. Since I’m semi-retired now, I manage in average 6 hours night sleep. I naturally wake up, sometimes my wee kitten wakes me up.

Unless, I’ve somewhere to be early, then I out the clock on, otherwise I let nature take its course.

Strangely enough few hotels don’t have alarm clocks, but wake up calls, I usually ignore those :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

my last job down the pit meant i had to be down by 5.30 in the a.m. we called that shift Daze.
but previously i had been on Afters regular which meant going down at noon… a wonderful shift that needed no alarm… now i have 8.00 on my phone in case i’m not awake…and i have been known to turn it off and turn over, but its usually gone midnight when i go to bed…

1 Like