I am holidaying in Mandurah this week

Staying at the Atrium Hotel

There are 117 rooms with 12 different room types.
In the bathroom there are two notices.

With 117 rooms, that is a great deal of water going down the drains unused.

My shower hot water came after less than 30 seconds. Tepid, but hot enough for a comfortable shower. No cold water was required.

7 Likes

Sounds like they should have spent more on the plumbing and less on the fancy decor.

1 Like

Built in 1982.
There seriously needs to be an upgrade for the water mains system.
This would be very expensive but so much water being wasted.

1 Like

Over recent years, Mandurah has grown from a small seaside town into a lively and cosmopolitan city and is famed for its beautiful waterways and relaxed holiday atmosphere . It’s also the perfect place to base yourself and take day trips out to explore the Peel region.

I can see why you went there :grinning:

When I first came to Mandurah, 1992 there were 25,000 people here. Today there are over 100,000.
Weekends in the town centre are crazy with Perth people visiting.

That’s the problem these days.There’s not many nice places left that. haven’t already been discovered

1 Like

It is a problem all over places being loved to death, just too many people visiting.

Great Ocean Rd, Phillip Island, Scenic World are just some of the places that have gone from wonderful places to visit a couple of decades ago to just overcrowded, spoilt venues now.

Dingos can no longer take your baby at Ayers Rock, no camping or climbing any more.

1 Like

Have a lovely holiday Bretrick,water problems not withstanding.

1 Like

Good for you, Bretwick! Any trip promises something new and interesting; I hope you are finding plenty to stretch your mind, Bretwick! Your hot water situation reminds me of staying in Moscow one time and being warned by the front desk that rationing power meant we would have hot water only every other day. It was November…brrr…

1 Like