I Am Devastated... l Have Just Found One Of My Standard Roses, Snapped In Half!

I know the feeling.

Have you tried a defibrillator on it yet?

1 Like

No but l am hoping the stent works!
I think l may have to send it into ‘crash’ like they do in the programme, Casualty!

1 Like

I think it might need a stimulant/shock. Perhaps some petroleum and a lit match nearby might entice it back to life.

1 Like

How would you like to sit on top of it, whilst l light the match! :laughing:

1 Like

Now there’s an offer you don’t get every day.

1 Like

Oh @Artangel that’s such a shame. I do hope you can somehow save it. We nearly lost a very young cucumber plant once, the main stem had broken and was hanging together by a thread. I splinted it with a couple of pencils and taped it together. The plant thrived and we had about 9 or 10 cucumbers from it!

2 Likes

If she threatens it with mouth to mouth, it might do the trick. Or talk to it endlessly about her life, which might entice it to grow tall and beyond earshot.

2 Likes

Bathsheba, l am sick that l was unable to save the sliver of the stem that was still attached. It just completely severed as l tried to release it from its rubber ties to straighten it up.

It’s got two chances now and l know l will have done everything l can to save it.

2 Likes

Melgal, Your very important advice has been invaluable to me… not! :laughing:

1 Like

I’m trying to save the rose bush, not your ego! :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

@Artangel I think anything you do to try can’t hurt but if you don’t try it won’t work. Good luck

1 Like

I hope you manage to save it Art…you talking about it reminded me I left two gorgeous standard roses at my last house and I hope the woman who bought the house looks after them…I heard she is not a gardener though :frowning:

1 Like

summer, I am afraid my standard rose looks in a critical condition and l don’t have much hope for it. It was in a pot and l only bought it last year.
I bought two at the same time. I have put the other one in a safe place, away from the destructive winds.

What a shame you had to leave your standard roses. I hope the lady does look after them.

I’ve been out to lunch with some neighbours from my last house today and sorry to report they don’t think anything in my old garden will survive… so sad :frowning:

Oh No, that is tragic. I can’t bear it when plants die. I do everything l can to save them.

Sorry you haven’t managed to save it Art…maybe plant the stem in your garden somewhere and see what sprouts…you never know.

1 Like

Can you get sprouts from a standard rose? I learn something new every day.

1 Like

EZ, Have you got Christmas Dinner 2022 in mind?

Hi Art. I never have Christmas in mind until I return from my holiday so that will be June this year. :grinning:

1 Like

@Artangel how did the rose get on live or die?

1 Like