Hybrid cars

They gave up on the H 7 far too soon because many ICE powered efficient machinery exists, with more being designed, such as agricultural traction.

I understand there is much opposition to hydrogen as a fuel source, mainly by the oil industry and doubtless now by the EV industry. Is that right?

Spot on Annie. Far to much vested interest in the oil industry and it’s associated spin-offs.

1 Like

I called in at Tesco for a tank of diesel this morning, and couldn’t believe my eyes…Not only had petrol been reduced to £1.39 for a litre…Diesel had also been reduced to £1.41 per litre…But more than that…Only one month ago Diesel was 20 pence a litre more expensive than petrol…even though diesel used to be cheaper than petrol because it’s not refined as much…But why the sudden change? Tell me now that the prices of fuel aren’t being fiddled with.

Yes it used to be before the event of ultra refined ULSD at the pumps. Also you will now find a blend of mineral and vegetable oils in your DERV fuel which of course adds to the retail cost.

1 Like

Diesel prices fell a record 12p per litre in May but should be even lower, says RAC
Diesel prices fell a record 12p per litre in May but should be even lower, says RAC | UK News | Sky News

There has been a recent fall due to economic downturns announced in China and the US but it’s likely to rise again soon as OPEC are expected to be reducing production to raise the price to where they like it to be.

No worries. None taken. :wink:

1 Like