HSBC Credit Card agreement – interest rate increased to 22.9%

Notification from the bank:

We’re writing to let you know that the interest rates charged on your HSBC Credit Card(s) will be increasing. This follows a full review of our HSBC Credit Card range. The new rates will apply to your existing outstanding balance and any future spending you do on your HSBC Credit Card(s).

Blimey … some jump … :astonished:

It will not affect me since I pay all credit card bills immediately but it will certainly affect many others … :slightly_frowning_face:

Been doing some background work on part financing on the Mo Ho, got spreadsheets coming out the earholes, its not good out there in finance land at the moment.

So glad I don’t have any credit cards. This will get some people already struggling into even more financial bother.

1 Like

I don’t know nor do I care what interest rate my credit card charges, I tend to use it for three reasons

1. get interest free credit for nearly 2 months.
  2. take advantage of special offers and spread the payments over pension/super fortnights.
  3. use the security features supplied by the credit card/bank against fraud.

The interest rate could be 100% per month for all I care as I always pay it off entirely before due date.

Indeed:

Citizens Advice said many people were “living on empty” as they tried to pay for the essentials.

By the end of August, the charity had offered food bank referrals and other charitable support to 159,360 people - up 16% on the same period last year, which itself was a record.

The charity said those facing existing difficulties, such as debt or unaffordable bills, faced additional pressures this winter such as soaring private sector rents.

You need to say a big thankyou to all the poor sods that are trapped in the credit cycle, without them supporting the business model, you would not be able function in this manner.

1 Like

So true

Just the type of user the company’s hate.

1 Like

Don’t forget the banks still get a cut from the company you shop with.

Lower than HSBC.

I have no credit cards, thank goodness.