HP laptop internet connection problem

I have a 2 month old HP laptop which fails to connect to the internet. Windows diagnostics says the problem is the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PC le adapter. Do I need to take it back to the supplier (Argos) or is there a fix I can do myself? It is a Windows 11 laptop.

1 Like

I found this - it may be a workaround:

I have the same problem with my also quite new (3 months old) HP Laptop.

I tried updating the drivers, and rolling back. All failed to get it back working properly.

I do notice a pattern. The adapter always seems to work properly if I put the laptop into its charger. Tested this a few times, and it works, whether its on the old or newer drivers. It always work if I put the Laptop on AC Power. It stays working after unplugging it. It just need that AC Power to make it working initially, and will stay working after unplugging it.

So,… I believe this is a software issue related to its power management settings. So now I can use the Laptop and connect to the internet as long as I can find a wall socket to connect it at wake up/start up.

Try it … :slightly_smiling_face:

Plugged it into mains and still no connection

1 Like

There is a lengthy solution here:

Will you be able to see it all?

ETA Ignore the above link - the procedure is laborious and not all related to the problem.

If you put the pointer over the wireless internet sign bottom right on the screen and right click up pops
" Trouble shoot problems and internet settings".

Thanks Omah. I will get my son-in-law to try some of those tips.

1 Like

Ignore my previous link - the procedure is laborious and not all related to the problem.

This one may be better:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adaptor-having-problems/92cfaad7-106b-4b58-9acb-eb621afff40a

new laptop. (3 months old - 11-ak0508sa 11.6" Laptop - Intel® Celeron™, 32 GB eMMC)

wont recognise any wifi networks, theyu just dont appear in the list. Ive gon through the trouble shooting stuff (checked wifi is om, flight mode if off. rebooted, etc etc)

Ran the trouble shooter and it says "The realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adaptor is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

The advice from the expert apparently worked - the customer replied:

Fixed the issue, there was only 1 driver present, chose it, i installed, and Im now back on wifi!!

thanks so much for your help!

Tried that realspeed but that no pop ups appeared.

Thanks again Omah. I will maybe get back to Argos and see what they say. I am 84 years old and computer illiterate so far to complicated for me.

2 Likes

OK … :+1:

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I tried the laptop this morning and got a connection right away. Must be an intermittent fault. Thanks Omah and realspeed for your help.

1 Like

Glad to hear it … :+1:

:slightly_smiling_face: