How would you of felt

Grrr I don’t know why it saying BBC NEWS ALERTS above …hey ho

What action would you have taken if this was waiting for you on your wedding day?

Think I would’ve filed for divorce…

5 Likes

Ah… you would have preferred the set in avocado Ripple?

3 Likes

Stuff of nightmares :astonished:

3 Likes

Hi

I unfortunately know some men being stupid enough to do that.

You should never underestimate the stupidity and arrogance of some of the male species.

We can be amazing wrong.

I have two Yorkshire little sisters, I know my place in life.

3 Likes

@Ripple Don’t knock the complete Addis home care set. We had one from a pair of my distant relatives (newly wed Dave & Dor) and to this day, some 56+yrs ago, the dustpan & brush set is still delivering excellent service as is the soft floor broom. When we wed, all we had were second hand hand-me-downs to furnish our 2up-2down, so anything new was most gratefully accepted. As for ‘every bride’s lovely coming home’, we shared all household duties and to some extent still do withing my disabled wife’s capabilities.
Perhaps I should contact Addis and tell them about their products longevity :wink:

1 Like

Maybe not as a wedding gift, but I’d like one now. I’ve been looking for cleaning supplies lately. They’re all so expensive. Most of the things I’ve been looking up are in that set. I need a new mop and some buckets, a trash can and a footstool. In fact, that set has given me some ideas. Thanks for that.

I had forgotten about those carpet sweepers. Everything seems to be electronic these days. I’m off to see if I can find something like that online. Thanks again.

*I changed the BBC tag. Hope it’s ok. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Find a set quickly before The Just Stop Oil eejits get their way and thus plastic items will no longer be available. The JSO brigade make me SO angry🤬

“I had forgotten about those carpet sweepers. Everything seems to be electronic these days”.:point_right: My Bex Bissell is at least 30yrs old and is still working well.

1 Like

Even now I’m not sure I know what all those items are for :017:
I’ve a cordless electric broom , I don’t believe in hard work .
All that plastic has to be washed and kept clean .
I believe it was all devised by men to keep her at home busy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Believe it or not,my first husband ( now x ) bought me a vaccume cleaner for my wedding gift :roll_eyes:.
To add insult to injury his mother used it first to try it out,i was bluddy furious on both accounts.

2 Likes

I did a quick search. I don’t think we have that here. They’re located in the UK.

Interesting. I have most of those items. Trash can with a step lid. Dish drainer with insert for silverware. Bucket for the mop. Push broom. Mop. Silverware drawer insert. Manual carpet sweeper. Toilet brush. Bread box. Dust pan with dust broom.

2 Likes

I’ve a plastic bowl , mop and bucket.
The cutlery insert came with the kitchen unit :wink:

2 Likes

How can a plastic home set be described as breathtaking?? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

You couldn’t beat a good old Ewbank!

1 Like

I think I would have felt very blue! :fearful:

Mind you - it could have been worse - you could have been gifted the Addis plastic set in Tangerine! :sunglasses: :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, but remember that some kind friend/relation would have chosen that Tangerine to please you and not be be ridiculed. Our full set was a yellow which although not to my tase, was gratefully received as they had chosen the set with us, the Newly Weds in mind.

1 Like

At the time, I would not have ridiculed any gift - but 50 years later, my family, friends and I do sometimes have a giggle together about the retro fashions in colours and styles.
We remember when everything in the house was orange and brown, from carpets, wallpaper and bed linen to kitchen accessories and even our own clothes.

I still have a few of those retro wedding gifts too and treasure them.

2 Likes

Items for the new household such as that would be acceptable as wedding gift if the advert was aimed at the couple rather than just the bride. It’s the sort of thing you have to go out and buy when setting up a home. A useful present for both.

2 Likes

Good grief yes! I cringe to admit it now, but I did own an almost orange pair of bell bottom strides and was swanky when wearing them. Finding my long inside leg was difficult, but the local 50-bob tailor ordered a pair in for me👍

2 Likes

I recognize some of them but wouldn’t know what they were used for.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, yes. I was gifted the orange set. Unfortunately it was gifted to me, not to us and yes, all these years later I’m still the ‘fortunate’ one who does all the cleaning.

2 Likes