How would you know if you had mice?

NEVER Use poison on mice around the house unless you know what you are doing.

When I was an apprentice, we had to rip a house apart. The homeowner had decided to administer poison & the mice had died all over the house. And the smell of half a dozen plus decaying mice around the house meant the only solution was to move out. Put their possessions in storage & then have us pull ceilings down, rip walls apart & find & remove the bodies. It was a lot more expensive than a pest controller & it was not covered by their insurance.

1 Like

:hot_pepper: :mouse2:

1 Like

The only time I had a field mouse in the kitchen it had come in where the washing machine outlet pipe went out - if you see what I mean - have re-pointed - no problem since.

How did I know there was a mouse about? Both cats climbed on the draining board and yowled for me to go and rescue them!!

5 Likes

You can use WD40 to get rid of mice…actually, it doesn’t get rid of them but it stops them squeaking……

8 Likes

As long as you don’t have bats in the belfrey as well your ok

1 Like

Had them in the single story extension roof, how they got there lord knows but I rid of them.

1 Like

Why not bring your doggie upstairs for a while? The very moment the mice know they will be hunted they will probably go and find a quiet house somewhere else. I´ve got a cat, a lazy, cuddly cat who wouldnt know a mouse when it bit his behind, but no mice.

4 Likes

get rid of them as they can carry weils disease

2 Likes

You lot shouldn’t worry , My cats have brought home live baby rabbits & released them in the house, but don’t tell me.
On a few occasions I have been sitting in my lounge caught a glance if something much bigger than a mouse :fearful:, creeping along the skirting board. Then as I want to return them to the fields, I have to throw a cover over it and take it back to where I usually see the rabbits .
The poor things are frightened yet unharmed but are much better if you keep them covered.

On one occasion I had to do this in my nightdress around 7am ! :blush:

1 Like

My sister had mice . She bought a plug type thing that sends out a high pitch the mice ( flies and wasps ) hate the sound and keep away . She is even convinced spiders dont come in now . But a very good investment about £40 and she has had nothing since . Worth looking in to

1 Like

Good to see you made it over Annette.

Can they? I thought that was rats?
I’m not picking mind, mice, rats, they both carry quite a few things you wouldn’t want to catch.

1 Like

My mouse l use with my computer

rodents carry weils including bats mice chew on cables and pipe insulation Id get them out also cant believe how much noise something so small can make mostly at night when your trying to sleep You can buy pre baited traps now good luck whatever you decide to do also if you catch and release make sure its a fair distance from your home or it will be back in your loft before you know it