How to remove anchor bolts from concrete?

Pah…I did it one handed and stood on a pedal bin.

:023::023::023:

Did you put a fence panel in too?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There must be something in the water.

Just reuse the bolts that you can’t remove with new post holders ?

???

Square hole, round peg.:shock:

You mean position the new post holder over the bolts and then stick a washer and nut on?

Sounds good to me :smiley:

The image at the beginning showed a square fence bracket, held in place with four bolts embedded in concrete.
If the nuts have all been removed, and the bolts are all still embedded…use the same sort of bracket with new nuts…no need to remove the bolts after all.

Unless I got it wrong somewhere along the line.

Good thinking :smiley:

I know. I sort of balanced it on top of the post, climbed the step ladder, then lifted it. Bloody heavy they are.

You’ve got it Bruv, very observant. I did mention that the post was set in concrete, not grass.
Unfortunately, in my annoyance at trying to get what remained of the bolts out of the ground, I ended up using a pair of pliers damaging the thread on the nuts, so they are not reusable.

Today was a wash-out here, but I did manage to get the hinges on the gates and line them up where I think they will fit, so all wasn’t wasted.

I’m thinking now that I may get around this problem by shearing off the old bolts with a grinder, drilling some new holes near the old ones and fitting a new metal bracket and post. I may need to plane down the gates slightly, but at least they should fit, after a little jiggery-pokery with the hinges etc. Looks like a weekend job now though as I get precious little time in the afternoons (working nights).

Great replies all. Thanks very much folks.:cool:

Aww you guys, they’re easy to manouevre. I slotted a dozen of these in my main perimeter fence a couple of years back…one hand half way down the side and the other on the base. Just takes a little bit of balancing that’s all!:wink:

Ah, but I bet you weren’t wearing high heels like I was. :lol:

I’m guessing you are over 5’ 2" tall and have a muscle or three :!:

Good luck with that Floydy, but make sure you have access to an SDS drill to bore big enough holes if you are using Rawlbolts again…

You’d be surprised what I wear in the garden, Longdogs:107:

How did you guess, Rachel. Right on both counts my dear, it does help sometimes to be a little on the larger side.:slight_smile:

Thanks Barry.:slight_smile: Yes, the drill would help and I believe my neighbour has one, so that will be a visit to him (with 4 x lagers) over the weekend I reckon. I remember last time I drilled the holes, it was a bit of an effort with my £25 Wickes hammer drill!
These posts have lasted a good 15 years though, so it’s all worth doing again this way I think:cool:

What’s an SDS drill?

Googled but it doesn’t explain. Girls like to know these things.

OH drilled through the brickwork on our house (to do the TV aerial cable) with our hammer drill.

Swimfeeders mentioned a SDS drill in Post #26. Please pay attention my little chuckyegg!:lol:

Too busy watching tennis to read everything.

Why wouldn’t a normal hammer drill (with suitable drill bit) capable of drilling through double thickness of bricks, be able to drill through concrete?