How quickly does time fly for you?

For years I used to say, “10 years ago I…”
One day I decided to examine that premise and started to count back the number of years which the event took place.
Started counting, 10…20…30…35…37 years ago.
Damn. Since that realisation I have stopped saying, “10 years ago” and now say, “Way back when…”

2 Likes

I’m always surprised by how long ago things happened.sixty years seems like yesterday.

2 Likes

Sometimes it does seem that way. Because our memories can be so acute.
But I am of the opinion that it has taken me so long to get where I am today.
I mean to say, I have been alive for 22,727 days. A very long time me thinks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I feel its all been a dream

1 Like

I get quite a shock when I realize I’m older now than some “doddery” old people I remember from the past. :grinning:

3 Likes

Definitely quickly. I graduated high school in '94 and it feels like only last week that I was a student there.

1 Like

I have always been bad with the concept of time. Sometimes a thing which seem new to me turn out to be many years old. A few weeks ago I was talking to my son and referred to the “new bridge”, he rebuked me, telling me it had been built over a decade ago.

Likewise I was shocked to discover that I divorced my second wife over two decades ago.

So it goes on. I understand that time passes quicker as you go older, when you are five a year is 20% of your life so your next birthday seems eternity away, whereas at 80 birthdays just fly by in a blur because a year is only 1.2% of your life BUT does it really have to go so bloody fast?

1 Like

I tend to notice how quickly time flies when I read of many, many actors and actresses show in the Media as having died…while I can easily remember when they first showed up in entertainment that I’d partake of. I sit here, shocked (and, often saddened) at their passing, but I know what it really means, to me, in terms of my age.

1 Like

I find time goes far too fast,and has done since the age of 18.
I was amazed when i read recently that the wonderful Freddy Mercury has been dead over 30 years,so sad.

1 Like

@Bretrick When you become an octogenarian you will say to yourself, where did all those years go and so quickly too.

I do not think I will make it to 80. Just a feeling I have.

I said that to myself when I experienced my 1st TIA about 2 months before my 60th and I’m still here. I took early retirement at 60 on health grounds and that was my smartest decision ever. My employer didn’t give me any options (go voluntarily or there could be problems), so I complied and received another 3yrs service added into my pension, making 40yrs reckonable service. My professional institute was involved, so I expect that made a difference by smoothing the procedure.

What’s that?

1 Like

This will explain quicker and in more detail than I can by typing👇
Transient ischaemic attack (TIA) or mini-stroke | Stroke Association

1 Like