How often do you listen to your music collection?

I realised several months ago that the last time I listened to a CD was more than 12 months previous.
So I gave them all to the local library. About 80 of them. Plus all my Documentary DVD’S, about 40, my books, about 20.
Why keep them if they never get used? They sit on the shelves gathering dust. Might as well let other people enjoy them.
I listen to radio station 6IX if I want to hear music. Which is not often these days.6IX plays only songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

I have loads of CD’s loafing around, but I never play them. I converted them all to mp3 files and saved them on my phone and a USB stick in my car.

I did have a Ipod years ago which was an amazing bit of kit, but became overtaken with my phone which can do a better job of playing them. I tend to listen to music when I’m driving or when the wife is clothes shopping as a means of retaining sanity.

I have never thought about getting rid of my CD’s and I suppose one day when I have a clear out, they may end up in a charity shop.

1 Like

I tried to give my CDs away to a Charity Shop and the Manager said they dont sell , he said no one wants them any more cause they download them off the net …

I listen to what music i want on Youtube and I have a Echo , so i get music on that from Spotify…

1 Like

Every day.

1 Like

I have all my records, 45s and CDs however long ago I converted them all to MP3s so I could listen to them from my server.

These days I actually rarely even do that and have them all bookmarked or playlisted on Spotify.

My only complaint about Spotify is the “remastered” LPs. Hate them! I really don’t want to listen to Ian Anderson explaining how or why he recorded Thick as a Brick, I don’t care, I just want to hear it as it was originally released.

1 Like

It’s been years since I listened to my CDs. I still have a CD player. I wonder if it still works. :thinking:

I also have a couple MP3 players that I’ve used more recently when my wifi was down.

It depends which music collection.
For daily walks I have a collection on my phone that I enjoy singing to while I walk the dogs. It’s my dog walking collection. Lol

1 Like