How much TV do you watch?

Apologies if I seemed to be dismissive…I don’t recognise any of these titles you mention, and anything I have happened to see, aren’t really interesting enough for me to sit and watch. Like I said earlier, I find it hard to stay engaged with things on TV these days.

I enjoyed Bosch, Grand tours are alright.

2 Likes

No need & I didn’t think that at all @PixieKnuckles
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Each to their own and we’ve all got different likes.
But I’m surprised at how many of us older generation don’t watch OTA tv any more, or only watch a little of it.
If you listened to UK media they try to say that it’s the younger ones that are turning off, but this thread suggests otherwise.

1 Like

I don’t have a tv license.

I watch prime amazon and YouTube.

1 Like

I watch very little terrestrial TV; Sewing Bee and Call the Midwives are about the only two shows I can think of. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and they are more than enough. If it were just me I would do away with the TV licence and cancel the Virgin media TV package, but Mr B enjoys sport, all kinds of sport, so for him it’s money well spent.

2 Likes

I still watch BBC 1 & 2 most days. Pointless, Bargain Hunt & Escape To The Country. Also Ghosts, that is funny & I love the Horrible Histories people who make that.
I do have a license, very reluctantly paid for after a few years of getting it for free.
I watch Grand Designs & other antique shows on other channels & I still think the BBC’s coverage of national & local news the best to see.

2 Likes

This makes me so angry the way they did this…:angry:

2 Likes

Hi Zaphod, I find amazon prime viewing very dull, I prefer Netflix , which my son has…I can’t seem to subscribe to Netflix for some reason.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You could piggy back off your son’s subscription if he’s in agreement. Unless, of course, he’s already got the maximum number of people on his account. I’d ask him about it if I were you. All you’d need is his account name and password.

1 Like

He’s piggy backing off his his girlfriends and hey google, he’s a right cheapstake…:joy::sweat_smile:…thanks for the information though, Bathsheba,:grinning:…he’s loaded as well!!..

1 Like

That’s probably why he’s loaded :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

They are both loaded…:joy::sweat_smile::joy::sweat_smile:

That’s probably why he’s loaded :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
[/quote]

They are both loaded…:joy::sweat_smile::joy::sweat_smile:
[/quote]

Well tell him to come round and sort yours out for you, and pay for it while he’s about it, since he doesn’t have to pay for his own one :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Probably I watch less and less each week. The TV is usually on and I am sitting opposite, using the laptop, if something catches my attention I might stop using the laptop and watch that but really the TV is on as a ‘noise in the corner’. It’s so quiet here I need something like that. The plan is to do away with the licence and go for either FreeSat or Freeview, plus buying a new TV as this one has a very fine red line down one side of the picture. Definitely the usual terrestrial channels are not good and at weekends, including Fridays the programming is really dire. Many, many repeats on all channels are becoming the ‘norm’, which annoys me as I have already paid to watch them once, or maybe even more than that! A sports channel is badly needed for all TV companies, it’s ‘forced’ upon those who don’t particularly like sport or the kind of sport we have offered but with no alternative. It’s time the BBC caught up and dropped the licence fee, far too many extortionate salaries are being paid and usually to those for whom it’s less needed. :roll_eyes: :grinning:

1 Like

Rarely watch much TV nowadays. Fallen for a bit of a routine between 6.30ish to 9 watching a few repeats (eg QI, which we didn’t watch when it was first broadcast). Also my daily dose of Aussie Goldhunters. That’s pretty much it nowadays, apart from the occasional series which I might watch.

1 Like

A fair bit of OTA viewing is done here. The TV goes on for Bargain Hunt at lunchtime and off again after the News. On again around 5.45 p.m. to see if ‘The Chaser’ gets beaten. It stays on until fairly late in the evening. Mrs mart watching her OTA programmes in bed after 9.00 p,m. Me perhaps turning my TV off or possibly watching something on Netflix.

1 Like

TV don’t go on until 6-30 pm to watch the Welsh news and then the rest of the evening is watching Britbox.

1 Like

Too damned much in our case.

1 Like

Wednesday is becoming an island of televisual pleasure.

7pm News
7.30pm 7.30 (Current Affairs)
8pm Hard Quiz
8.30pm Question Everything (don’t know - first showing tonight)
9pm Rosehaven

So while you are watching your commie BBC all is well on the ABC :grinning:

I’m pleased that you can find stuff to watch down under that keeps you amused, buy just FYI our “commie BBC” has been hemorrhaging viewers for years and their practices drive still more away every single day.

It is said that 200,000 per year are cancelling licence fees in the UK and even older viewers here are turning away from the BBC and other OTA broadcasters too, as both this thread indicates and as viewing figures suggest.
The BBC in their wisdom seem to be doing little to face the challenge or to encourage viewers and instead look to be in a self-destructive spiral.