How much are your water rates?

How much do you pay for water rates on a monthly basis? And have they gone up recently?

My water bill is included in my trash and electricity bill. It doesn’t seem to have changed much. It might go up during the summer as I water the plants.

1 Like

I have a metered supply, therefore my bill varies, but it is somewhat less than before I asked for the meter to be fitted.

1 Like

£67.70, its gone up about 8% this year.

1 Like

My water bill is about $50 to $70 a quarter (£25 to £35) but I get a discount as a pensioner which takes care of the sewage/water treatment component…

So roughly, on a monthly basis, it is £10 a month. It would be about £35 a month if I were not a pensioner.

1 Like

To get a pensioner’s discount, the claimant over here has to be living alone and that discount would be 25% reduction in council tax. The rest of us have to pay full whack.

1 Like

I think the only criteria is for the person named in the account to hold a Pension Concession card

I just quote my Centrelink CRN (I think that stands for Customer Reference Number) to the Water, Electric, Telstra, Council, Service NSW to get either a discount or free rego etc

It is worth its weight in gold, you only need a pension of $1 per fortnight to qualify…

2 Likes