How Many Torches Do You Have?

I am not sure why but l love torches! I only have about five?
One is a large one, a bit like a spotlight, another is one like a miner’s lamp that you wear on your head! I have a wind up torch and a couple of small torches that l rarely use.

I need them for securing my hens in their coop in the dark and for closing my gate when it’s dark. Plus other reasons.

What about you? Do you have many torches. If so what do you need them most for?

1 Like

I have 2, to pick up jacks poop, when I walk him round at night ,early morning.

I use them at night as well, if I’m gardening.

2 Likes

I have three. I large rechargeable one for when I need to go in the loft.
Smaller LED one with magnetic back. Keep that in the electric cabinet in case of loss of electricity
Lastly, one that’s on a head band, from when I used to go fishing. But is handy if I’m working somewhere a bit dingy and I need both hands free. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Head lamp, a hand held and a largish lamp, all led, the largest is charged from the mains.

2 Likes

I have one head lamp, a Lupine Pixel Duo which I use for fishing.

1 Like

For the shed:

1 Like

Aha. Beat you by 1, Art.
I have a small one in my shopping bag (for some strange reason), one by my bed, one by the front door, one by the back door, one in the car, and a tiny one on my car key ring. :grinning:

. . . . oh, and a spare in the kitchen drawer. :laughing:

1 Like

I have 10 - just little ones - dotted about all over the place in case of emergency. One always in my handbag - and one in the pocket of what ever coat I am wearing.

1 Like

Yes, mine are only little ones too, Tabby.
It certainly saves wasting time rummaging about to find one in an emergency.

2 Likes

And this is in the fridge:

1 Like

Why would you need a torch in the 'fridge, Besoeker?

1 Like

deleted. sorry.

1 Like

now this is what I call a torch

no piddly little things when you can go BIG. Cup used for comparison
I do have a couple of others as well

1 Like

I’ve got a small one on my keychain and a little flashing one clipped to my handbag for dark mornings

We’ve got a hand wind up one which is combined with a radio for power cuts, a couple of inspection lamps in the garage, a headlamp one, one on an extendable thingy for going under things and round corners, a big one in the cupboard under the stairs for general use and a couple of smallish ones we slip in our rucksacks or pockets for emergencies and when we’re on caravans sites in Cornwall

1 Like

The torch is magnetic. The fridge material is steel. Other cabinets in the kitchen are non-magnetic.

1 Like

Only a couple - a small one that I used to keep in my camera bag to light subjects in the dark, and another larger one that currently needs new batteries. Haven’t bothered replacing them because most of the times we need a torch indoors we just use the ones on our phones.

1 Like

Good grief! I need to catch up…

I have one. :flashlight:

And I don’t even know where it is. Its blue and little. Probably in a drawer somewhere.

2 Likes

Apart from mains inspection lights, I have a headlight for the same reason as Chillie, working in dark spaces and need both hands free. Most of the loft is my workshop and has lighting in all areas. By far the best torch I have is a ‘Maglite’ and is still a conventional bulb. For some reason I don’t like the bluish light from LED torches, but I do have one for general purpose use around the house.
Mrs Fox has a wind up one, she’s very good at winding things up…
:flushed:

2 Likes

There is a big one in the garage but the garage is a weird place once things go in there they get lost forever :slight_smile:

Have another little one in the kitchen…Stanley my little grandson loves it we go out in the dark hunting with it…so I always keep tabs on where it is.

2 Likes

A good spotlight for outdoor distances, but not much use indoors, or to keep in the car, or to drop into a coat pocket or add to a key ring! Small torches are needed too, sometimes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like