How many people attended your Wedding Reception?

I am not, have not and will never be Married.
I have only attended 2 Weddings. My Brother’s, approximately 100 people.
My Friend’s where I was Groomsman and had to read the Telegrams, Jokes, Messages etc. 150 People

4 … me, mrs d00d, best man, best woman.

3 Likes

Short and sweet. Stress free. :slightly_smiling_face:

Large wedding receptions
Where people spend loads of money they can ill afford to wine and dine loads of people who get drunk at their expense .
Ok if it lasts forever I suppose .

1 Like

Can’t remember, all I can remember is a beautiful Lady, who has never really changed.

3 Likes

About 50 guests. Don’t remember much about it, it was so long ago.

2 Likes

I remember there was about 40 and the reception cost £96 which seemed a lot of money at the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I counted in my Head who came and it was 25.

1 Like

@Bretrick Only a handful came back to a pub for a small prearrange buffet style lunch. It was all arranged with cost in mind as was the Registry Office marriage. No honeymoon either as again money was at the root of it all with save save save always in our minds. It all paid off too, as withing out 1st year we had enough in our savings pot for a deposit on a small 2 up 2 down end of terrace.

3 Likes

I think about 75. It was in a community centre, as was usual in the 70s. Hired dress and veil, new shoes. Mum made my cake and local lady iced it. My cousin was a chef and did a really lovely spread with local mussels, salads, quiches, salmon etc.

We couldn’t afford a honeymoon and rented a one bed cottage but hey ho, 46 years later we are still together. Thankfully moved on a bit since then. :+1:

2 Likes

Probably about sixty…it was held at The British Legion in Marylebone.

1 Like

Around 25 for us. It was Had it at the Blackmith at Gretna Green

Around 20, I guess. It cost £56 then which was more than a monthly salary.

5 Likes

We were married in a Registry Office and 20 people attended our Wedding Reception in a Castle. From the reception we went straight to the Airport and flew to Jersey for 2 weeks (in January), the weather was quite mild.

1 Like

It was a registry office wedding just 15 guests , we had no money after buying a brand new 3 bed terrace house for £2000 on a mortgage.
My dad had to be a mortgage guarantor as we were both too young :joy:
The reception was at my parents home , my MIL made the cake .
Afterward we went to our brand new home , I thought my heart would burst with happiness

1 Like

Not a lot just close family and closer friends.
I enjoyed my daughter’s wedding though. I was still teaching Linedance then and we made it a Linedance reception with one of our favourite Linedance Bands. It was a great night and one of the best Linedances I’ve ever been to.

1 Like

My fiancé and I didn’t want a big wedding.
I would have been content to have no guests at all but my Mam and his Mum and Dad wanted to be present at the wedding, so that made 5 of us in total.

Left to our own choice, we wouldn’t have bothered with a wedding at all and just lived together. We only had the wedding because my fiancé was in the Army and I couldn’t have joined him on his military posting abroad unless we were married.
My Mam travelled 200 miles from her home to where I lived in London for our very low-key wedding in a Registry Office. It was a long way for her to travel for such a brief and uneventful occasion!
My parents-in-law invited my Mam to stay with them in London for a few days, so it gave them an opportunity to meet and get to know each other a bit.
I didn’t want any fuss but my Mum-in-law insisted on arranging for us to have buttonhole flowers, ordered a small decorated wedding cake and hosted a modest buffet wedding reception for the 5 of us at their home.

My fiancé was only on leave for the Christmas week and he had to return to camp by 30th Dec.
Christmas Day was on a Saturday that year, so the Registry Office was closed until 29th Dec.
So we got married on 29th Dec and the next day we flew off to another country and moved into our new married quarters in a military camp, in time to celebrate New Year’s Eve together in our new home.

1 Like