How many meals a day should people eat?

Three meals a day is the standard.

Some people eat two big meals a day and a snack. Or they skip breakfast and eat two larger meals to compensate.

Some people eat many tiny meals a day like grazing.

How many meals a day should people eat?
  • 4-6
  • more than 6

0 voters

(people can see what you voted)

I only eat a main meal and a lunch type meal,ie;sandwich/something on toast.

1 Like

We have:

Breakfast 7am normally Porridge.
Snack at 11am, Tea Cake.
Lunch Main Meal: Roasts etc. at 2pm.
Supper: Sandwich at 7pm.

1 Like

depends on the size of the meal and if one is hungry or not.

2 Likes

Two rounds of toast for breakfast.
A light meal for tea. If I’m not especially hungry just a bowl of soup will do.

2 Likes

Since we both caught covid, our appetites have diminished to almost nothing and weight was lost. Now we eat lightly to a timetable and the weight loss has stabilised.
The trouble is, we never feel hungry and at times have to almost force ourselves to eat or waste away. However, that said, we do eat one decent meal weekly and that is the traditional Sunday Roast which does us for the day.
I am the cook here, so I do make sure the others living with us eat proper meals.

3 Likes

I clicked 3, but breakfast for me is a cereal bar, I couldn’t eat anything else in the morning.
I loath to cook & seem to live on, tea cakes, bread, eggs, bacon, sausages, cheese, apples, bananas & the very convenient ready meals.

1 Like

3 (probably) but I eat only 2 - brunch and dinner but I like beer so I have to watch the calorie intake … :beer:

1 Like

I’ve had my gall bladder removed and the doctor told me 5 small meals a day are better than fewer big ones, and not just for those with no gall bladder

1 Like

We have 3 and don’t eat between meals.

Breakfast usually 2 slices of wholemeal, seeded bread toasted with Lemon & Lime marmalade. Sometimes yoghurt and fruit or porridge which we love. About once a month we go out for breakfast to Wetherspoons and very good it is too!

Lunch homemade soup or a sandwich with tuna, cheese, egg etc

Evening meal usually cooked from scratch, like stew, casserole, pork slices, liver and onions, fish pie, spag bol (but not very often now) vegetable fricasee. Followed by maybe a yoghourt or fresh fruit with cream and a meringue.

1 Like

The more the merrier,
mezzes not included of course.The homemade banana bread is on its way… tomorrow we die.

1 Like

I’m a grazer eating little and often .
I always have breakfast usually porridge with nuts and seeds
About 10ish if home I’ll have banana and a slice of fruit cake .
Lunch fruit & a sandwich
Afternoon fruit & cheese with crackers or maybe soup
Dinner yes
Later yoghurt maybe toast and or cake or kitkat or crisps

1 Like

I don’t think there’s is one answer for all. I usually only eat two meals a day. It works for me and I’d hope others do what best works for them also

1 Like

I rarely eat a cooked meal, mainly live on cereal, toast and fruit.
Since Covid found that I no longer want to eat.

1 Like

Not much of a breakfast person on weekdays. I try to fast until 12h00 or 13h00 most days.

I usually have two meals per day or sometimes just one meal a day. But I find it difficult to let go of my crisps or popcorn. I love a bowl whilst watching Sport or movies.

1 Like

Breakfast, morning coffee break, Lunch, Afternoon tea break, dinner, supper and a night cap. You need to keep up your energy levels.

I also put 3 but I’m a bit hopeless when it comes to eating breakfast.
On the days I’m being good I’ll have some fresh fruit and/or kefir yogurt. I have recently discovered that oatmilk and almond milk are kinder on my stomach than cow’s milk so occasionally I’ll have Special K red berries.
Lunch is nearly always h/m soup or a filled wholemeal bap with more fruit
Dinner is usually a home made veggie dish (sometimes fish/shellfish but I’m wary of those microplastics now)usually with rice, pasta or potatoes as the carb accompaniment.
Like others on here I like a couple of drinks in the evenings so if calories allow I’ll have a small dessert or piece of h/m cake

1 Like

I eat as and when.
If I’m going to be working an eight hour shift then I might carb up with pasta for breakfast…it actually works however joyless it might seem.

Coffee is essential in the morning, I’ve got into the habit of chucking a couple of pods of green cardamom into the coffee mill with the beans, quite agreeable, three pods would be sickly!

1 Like

in India if i get up i will go for breakfasr, usually two fried eggs on toast, at this point i have two coffees to, the only coffee i ever drink, then i will often have nothing else except perhaps fruit till my evening meal… I normally only drink hot water witha sweetner and a touch of milk…lol
but if i dont get up early i just wait and go for lunch, lol, for lunch i have a Duggie special two fried eggs and chips

1 Like

Oh yes…fried egg and chips, can’t go wrong!
In my case with a generous sprinkling of Maldon Salt, a splash of Sarson’s and a dash of Encona sauce.