How many hours have you stayed awake in a row?

I’ve heard of people staying up for days.

Me, I love my sleep. :sleeping: The most I’ve stayed up was probably 36 hours, maybe 48 but only if I had a lot of sleep before that.

What’s the longest you’ve stayed awake?

1 Like

24, maybe 30 hours but no more than that.

1 Like

4 or 5 days
It’s really not good. 😵‍💫😬
And that’s without coffee
I’ve never been a big sleeper and when I get overly excited or overwhelmed I don’t sleep but it’s rarely ever that long

1 Like

I don’t know because I fell asleep thinking about it.

I’ve certainly worked for 24hrs+ in one go before so like Percy above, probably no more than around 30 hours.
I like my sleep too much.
:sleeping_bed:

1 Like

36/40 hrs, getting up in the morning in America to getting to bed the day after in England .

1 Like

I think it was 28 hrs.

1 Like

I need very little sleep as, when I do, I sleep very deeply. 5 hours is more than enough to recharge my batteries. How long I can go without any sleep at all depends on what I am doing - I do have a tendency to become totally absorbed in things and not go to bed for days - 4 x days/nights being the longest.

1 Like

This thread is making me feel better. I hear so many stories of people staying up for days that I thought I was the only one not doing that. It’s nice to see others who haven’t.

Added: That’s not to put down people who do stay awake. Sometimes it’s for reasons that people can’t help.

2 Likes

Oh I love sleep…when I used to get overwhelmed or stressed, i would always go to bed and then in the morning it would be ok, because I’d had that break from my busy mind. I have gone through a day or two with only a few hours sleep, but honestly I’m fit for nothing. I can’t even string a coherent sentence together if I’m that tired.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever gone more than 12 hours without my kip

1 Like

That’s me too. There doesn’t seem to be a point to staying up if I can’t do anything constructive with it anyway since I’m incoherent essentially. If I’m really stressed, adrenaline will push me forward for a time, but my best decisions are not during that time.

2 Likes

When I was doing my Uni finals I stayed awake all day, all night, then all day the next day until the deadline at 4
Then I barely slept because I was wound up thinking of the next day interview and questions… plus we all had a “will we do or die?” kind of battle-weary night at the pub…
Then the Assessment the following day and then the long wait until the 5 o’ clock posting-up of Results on our noticeboard
Then we had an all-night party to celebrate!!!
I think I was asleep by 8 am the following day… so that was… a 72 hours stint!!!
Not sure how I managed but they are such sweet memories to recall!

These days… I’m the same if something is on my mind or has pumped my adrenaline…
48 hours without sleep can be common place as a teacher I think :grin:

1 Like