How long before she's out?

Doesn’t look good for her! But then that’s what most of you have been saying from even before she got in :043:

How long before Liz Truss is out?
  • Before the end of October 2022
  • Before the end of the year (2022)
  • Sometime in Jan/Feb/Mar 2023
  • Sometime in Apr/May/Jun/July 2023
  • Sometime in Aug to end of 2023
  • She’s still going to be here in 2024!
0 voters

Doesn’t she have a year before she can be challenged?

If she does get the elbow will it take 2 months before a new PM is selected?

Rules were made to be broken, more so lately than ever.

1 Like

Hi

I am not in favour of a General Election.

The mess that Truss has got us into in a few weeks is going to take years to sort out and cost each of us, apart from the very rich, a lot of money and life threatening cuts in public services.

Whilst we suffer, the bonuses of the very high earning bankers have been removed.

Whoever is in Government has got tens of £Billions every year for years.

They are going to be very unpopular and I would much prefer it the Tories take the blame for electing Truss and causing this huge mess.

1 Like

That " I’m sorry " face is put on to make us feel sorry for her make no mistake . I don’t know if Hunt’s made her feel better but I personally want to see her pushed out by the end of the month because it’s not looking like she’s going to go willingly now he’s there helping her out .
I hope he’s wrong about her still being PM at Christmas .
I

1 Like

I agree Zuleika. I think she was trying to be another Margaret Thatcher, but she would need to have strength & knowledge to do that & has shown that she is lacking in both.
What worries me is how did she manage to get so many Tories to vote for her? It seems to me that those who voted for her were looking for potential position upgrades rather than a Prime Minister who could do a good job.

2 Likes

I don’t know about the UK but any Australian government that calls an early election virtually ensures their defeat. The state governments mainly got their four year term by agreeing to a fixed term (NSW’s next election is 25th March 2023) whereas the three year term for the Federal Government is in the Constitution but woe betide a government that goes early, in fact, even a double dissolution can be a bit dodgy for them.

Is that true in the UK, does a government get punished for going early?

Wiki suggests you are correct.

As for getting rid of Truss early, as spitty suggests, we’re talking about politicians here. As we all know, they don’t have to abide by the same rules as the rest of us, and can change their own rules to suit themselves, browbeating into submission all and sundry who might wonder why its acceptable for them to do this.

I haven’t felt so worried since I don’t know when Twink.
Does she actually realise what effect her" mistakes" have had ?Exposing to the country , the world in fact what an incompetent person she is tho ? She now puts on a childish sorry for what I’ve done but I didn’t mean to face and hopes that’s all it takes for us to forgive her .

Prime minister’s questions could be very interesting tomorrow assuming she shows up.

1 Like

Several ideas spring to mind, but if those who want to ask her something could agree to start their question with “could the prime minister ask the person in charge…”, then that’d be poignant.

3 Likes

Indeed!
Perhaps I shouldn’t be making light of what essentially is very serious but I’m going to be tuning in with a large bowl of popcorn… salted!

1 Like

Just another minion, another fall guy to take the rap.

Politicians cannot run the country but have done their best to ruin it. Both Conservative and Labour parties have systematically destroyed UK. Wealthy donors, with vested interests their corporate paymaster.

A sure bet nothing will change.

1 Like

Their rules aka enough loopholes to keep them in the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

1 Like

Most politicians are wealthy, it matters not to PM if she remains or not. Her salary is probably small change to her.

she is paranoid on a couple of issues and and totally unable to understand the damage she has done.

1 Like

“She had a dream that was the UK” (reminds me of a film) we didn’t give her a chance because she stepped on too many toes…It could have worked…

Ha Ha! Hunt helping her out? You’ve got to be joking…He’s got his eyes on the top job Zuleika…

1 Like

Assuming that it is some global power thing going on, as you suggested somewhere (personally, I’m not convinced), then she will have known all along that she was weeing in the wind. Only an imbecile would have done what she did, and she is entirely to blame.

The craziest thing is voters will still vote for the two political parties that have brought UK to this sorry state.

1 Like