How hot is it in your house

Yes, I think we are all familiar with every inch of the grounds of realspeed Manor, it’s about time we became acquainted with the interior. :house:

3 Likes

While I do agree, I think there would be security concerns surrounding that. After all, RS is going away on holiday soon, and if he did a house tour before he left, then potential burglars would be able to see what was available, and also exit routes. :018:

Up until 3pm the temperature was 22 in lounge but then the thick clouds came over and torrential rain so I popped the gas fire on low for couple of hours . I’ll check again tomorrow .

I have a South facing conservatory which is lovely and warm the moment the sun hits it . Freezing in winter and mega hot high summer. I love it though .

Well it is already a matter of public record that there is enough video equipment in there to kit out a commercial TV station, so the cat is out of the bag on that score. If I were him, I would put a sign on the garden gate, saying, “Beware of the rhino”, but then I’m not sure there is a garden gate. :thinking: I should know, I’ve seen his garden often enough.

2 Likes

Well, it is about 8am so the house is as cold as it will get for an Autumn day,

Today will be much the same as yesterday so you can expect the house to get up to about 20° and down to about 15° by the morning.

I don’t need any cooling or heating, I just wear a cardigan in the evening.

What no long johns to keep thnose legs warm

I don’t think long johns go well with shorts do they?

well if you did put them on you would have all the women after you*************************** to pull them off
Bruce did you know about the Aussie guy why has sex with a kangaroo? when asked what it was like he said it was ok for the first few yards
I can imagine you wearing one of those hats with corks hanging down from the rim

Joking apart you have no idea how much I would love to visit Australia with a cousin in Sydney and internet frinds in Brisbane. Don’t suppose I will even get there but one can dream

I don’t need corks, having them bashing on your face would be worse than the flies, on the rare occasion that the flies are really bad I use a net over my hat. They have to be really bad to wear it but I do when necessary. It is like snake bite or tick kit, something I always carry in my car but rarely use.

The thing about bush flies is that they don’t like being under cover (they never come into a house, car or caravan) so a broad brimmed hat is generally all you need, sitting under an awning also helps. I think I can count the number of times I have worn a fly net on one hand.

how hot is my house ?? - before sex ; during sex or after?? you are not being definitive enough

Sheba, our bungalow has 2 brick layers with no cavity between them and it was soooooo cold when we first moved in. Last year we had external insulation fitted by this company. Boy has it changed the temperature in our property. We were lovely and toasty over winter; sleeping under 5Tog duvets no less. Best investment we’ve ever made.

Sounds brilliant @Percy_Vere. Perhaps we should have thought of that when we had all our rendering hacked off a couple of years ago and new rendering applied. Mind you, that in itself has made a difference, because the external walls were leaking wet in places. We were shocked to see just how bad it was. The previous owners had had some sort of plastic coating applied to the walls, very popular many years ago until it was found that in fact any slight breach meant that water could get in underneath the coating and was then trapped with no escape other than through the brickwork.

They left the original rendering on our walls and just installed the insulation over it.

It’s 27c in the bungalow and 36c in the conservatory after only three hours of sun today. The door between the two is kept tightly closed throughout the sunny days and all windows that can be opened are open. Not many plants can survive out there and obviously are watered frequently.

Far TOO hot - time we had some serious snow!

1 Like

I like how you said serious snow…how serious is serious? :thinking:

1 Like

Very serious - at least 1ft deep

Oh my word…saying such things in the month of May! :scream: Well that is pretty serious snow. Although, I’m looking forward to my first winter here on the Hill…word is the snow gets very serious here. As in blocked roads, no traffic, no clearance for days, serious…!

I have insulation in the roof courtesy of the Rudd Labor government. It has certainly kept the house cooler in summer.

However in winter the situation is worse, before the insulation the sun shining on the metal roof heated the place beautifully, the house was just right about 10am and stayed warm the whole day. Since the insulation was installed the place doesn’t warm up in winter unless you open all the doors and windows to let the heat in.

It has been about 23/24C in our lounge every evening this week even at 9 pm. That is with no heat on but we’ve had lovely weather this week and our house is a sun magnet. We have big patio doors which take up half of the length of the room out to the south facing garden so it retains the heat of the sun for the rest of the day.

I feel so sorry for people whose homes don’t get much sun as it makes a huge difference. A neighbour of mine gets no sun in any room in her cottage and she comes to mine and asks if I have the heat on! :rofl: