How fast is your internet?

1 Like

this is a bit different from what I had before of about 34mpbs download and 6 mbps upload with BT cable

1 Like

Your upload figure is unusual - it’s much higher than that which is normal for others - my latest:

It seems that “Symmetrical Transfer” is the new standard, brought about by the requirements of home-working video connections … :thinking:

Personally, I don’t have complex video requirements so upload speeds in excess of 100Mbps would be of no benefit to me but if such speeds come as part of the package then I wouldn’t complain … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Speed don’t really matter, as long as it’s faster than a Pigeon and costs the same as a bottle of Scotch a month, so what, a slower connection gives you more time to think :smiley:

I did a test from Wightfibre Ltd before visiting the forum and my down was 66.6 with an up of 18.4 which is around my usual test figures. All for £21 monthly from NOW which includes 24/7 unlimited phone calls and line rental. With NOW I do not experience any dropouts or throttling at peak times, unlike Shell which was a nightmare at well over double the price!

Not fast enough for the AI, hopefully.