How fast is your internet?

1 Like

1 Like

being a simple person

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< this fast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Like

Snail’s pace :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

How comes Mags? I thought you had pretty good broadband?

Plusnet have been pretty good value round here…

1 Like

I’m not sure Azz, I’m hoping my son will look into it for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

1 Like

Speedtest® by Ookla say:

Speedtest® by Ookla® is the definitive way to test the speed and performance of your internet connection. Every day, over ten million unique tests are actively initiated by our users in the locations and at the times when their connectivity matters to them. Since our founding in 2006, an unparalleled total of more than 45 billion tests have been taken with Speedtest.

VirginMedia say:

All trademarks of Ookla, LLC, including Speedtest®, are used under license.

So why the discrepancy … :017:

1 Like

Hope you get it sorted soon Mags (if not post on the forum and maybe someone will be able to help)

The Virgin one was a little slower for me too. Could be a few reasons, first is that ISPs detect you are using Speedtest, and lift any throttling, or, the Virgin one is doing the opposite to try and make your web connection appear worse than it is :lol: Or it could just be the server they selected is further away or slower.

Try the BT one: https://speedtest.btwholesale.com

Good … :+1:

Bad … :-1:

Odd discrepancies … :017:

Anyway, most tests confirm that I’m getting what I paid for … :grinning:

1 Like

21.52 Download, par for the course.

1 Like

Don’t know how fast, but I know how much it costs.

1 Like

Yep, mine is £29.99 a months broadband only.

1 Like

1 Like

this is a bit different from what I had before of about 34mpbs download and 6 mbps upload with BT cable

1 Like

Your upload figure is unusual - it’s much higher than that which is normal for others - my latest:

It seems that “Symmetrical Transfer” is the new standard, brought about by the requirements of home-working video connections … :thinking:

Personally, I don’t have complex video requirements so upload speeds in excess of 100Mbps would be of no benefit to me but if such speeds come as part of the package then I wouldn’t complain … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Speed don’t really matter, as long as it’s faster than a Pigeon and costs the same as a bottle of Scotch a month, so what, a slower connection gives you more time to think :smiley:

I did a test from Wightfibre Ltd before visiting the forum and my down was 66.6 with an up of 18.4 which is around my usual test figures. All for £21 monthly from NOW which includes 24/7 unlimited phone calls and line rental. With NOW I do not experience any dropouts or throttling at peak times, unlike Shell which was a nightmare at well over double the price!

Not fast enough for the AI, hopefully.