How does internet banking work?

I use internet banking and have done for years . I’ve recently started using phone payments with face recognition which is more secure as there’s no one else that’s got my face lol…

1 Like

I am the same though I use my thumb print to sign in (my beard confuses face recognition software).

I should change over to using the phone rather than credit or debit cards, the phone is so much more secure. The excuse I use is rather pathetic - I keep my Opal Card (rail/bus/ferry travel) in my phone case and the NFC used for money transactions interferes with it so it is turned off.

As I said a pretty poor excuse.

1 Like

I use i/b a lot. Can transfer payments to my window cleaner, either dog carer, plumber, I also transfer funds back and forth from a savings account (I am trying to save a third of my income each onto, while I can). Check it regularly against my cash book, tick off the debits. Pay off my credit card online if I have used that. And as people say, to keep an eye out for scammers and dodgy transactions.

1 Like

Hi

Internet banking works by you having your money paid into the bank, they lump it together with other peoples money, lend it at a profit and they then close branches, make you do all the work and make huge profits.

1 Like

Ouch! :grimacing:

Swings and roundabouts.

Banks have always made a profit by using your money and branches have been replaced by an app on our phones because cash is used less and less (which undoubtedly pleases the tax office)

I still use an old version of M$ Money to keep an eye on my transactions but these days it is largely irrelevant because the phone app is more up to date, more secure and just as accurate. It is just a matter of time before I abandon it.

1 Like

I’ve used internet banking for years . Mind that you have secure protection on your device if you decide to do it . Can’t think why your son hasn’t advised you about doing it before now .

1 Like