How do you make Chicken Curry

Try frying some onions in oil until they soften and begin to caramelise. Add some finely chopped garlic and some grated ginger and cook for a while longer. Tip the whole lot into a food processor, add a tin of chopped tomatoes, and blitz until smooth. Add it to any curry as a base sauce.

From the Curry Club’s Balti cook book.

2 Likes

I am definitely not a cook, self-taught just to be able to live. However, due to that I have to use recipes from this on the BBC’s Good Food website. There are rather a lot of chicken curry menus to choose from on the link below if anyone wishes to have a look. I was surprise to find slow-cook recipes for chicken curry, as I am presently without a hob and oven that might be one for me to try:

:chopsticks: :plate_with_cutlery: :grinning:

1 Like

My brother uses a cheat if does a quick curry (Balti like) using a paste

He always sprinkles a handful of grated cheese to stir in at the end

It does add something even improves the Curry with no taste cheese

I make my own garam masala - never use curry powder, only use chicken breast and, like Barry, prefer Greek yoghurt to coconut cream. If I am putting tomatoes in it I use fresh not tinned. I love curry!!

Tinned tomatoes contain a lot more juice than fresh which makes a much better sauce and better curry.

1 Like

All of your recipes sound really good, I have written then all down in my recipe book.

That is fine - if you like tinned tomatoes - I don’t. :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

I don’t like Tinned tomatoes that much, but you can buy Cherry Tomatoes whole in a tin, which are ok.

Chicken breast is a dry tasteless meat anyway have you tried filleted chicken thighs?

Thighs are good value, the best bit of the bird, if you want to do something that tastes like chicken::: herbs, wine, mushrooms.

But curry dominates all, so why not use the dry tasteless bit? And it’s easy.

I’ve tried, over the years, to come up with an agreeable veggie curry sauce. But you can’t beat one with meat of some sort, and chicken breast is lightweight and surprisingly tasty compared to veg options.

1 Like