How do you find keeping up with Technology?

I quite like the unmanned tills. It means I can pack my shopping as I go round the shop rather than loading it all in the trolley, then unloading it on to the till conveyor and then having to pack it.
But I can see not every one would be happy to do that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I like using the unmanned tills, I can take my time and load all my items into bags.

Where as on the manned tills, I feel under pressure to put the items straight into the trolly, as I don’t like holding shoppers up…I’m the one who puts myself under that pressure.

I then walk to the side of store ,then put the items in my rucksack and bags.

1 Like

This might help…I recently discovered there’s a Search facility in my Photos - magic!
I use a tablet, but if you’re on a desktop or laptop can’t see why it shouldn’t have a similar option.

I am ok on the tablet but on the laptop it’s stores them all over the place
Since windows 10 I don’t know where everything is

I don’t know if this helps. I list the photographs in order so the previous batch is Dec 2021. The current, not complete yet, is Jan 2022. I have a hard drive with my initials, ABC. As back up in case that fails I have a Terabyte that sits next to my desk. That plus a lot of other files.

I have them backed up on a memory stick and before windows 10 I knew where they were . But now when I save a photo god only knows where they go .
I never know there are ‘libraries ‘ all over the place .

Then there is the iPhone and tablet my laptop is a Lenovo and I have no idea how to get get photos form the iPhone to the laptop .
When I die they will die with me .
Now and again I send my children photos so they can have them

I quite enjoy technology for the most part, and can find my way round well enough not to break the internet!

I do wish society didn’t rely so much on technology though. :frowning_face:

There should have been a cable come with the phone. If it has a USB connection at the other end, plug into the laptop and drag and drop files.

I’m rubbish…I can do emails and take photos and I can find my way here and to a backgammon site I play at thats about it but to be fair I don’t need much else and I dont want to spend all my time with technology…it can take over.

Just remembered Pinterest…I like Pinterest lots of good ideas…and WhatsApp the kids message me a the time on there…Binkin heck I’m more tech savvy than I thought :slight_smile:

gone are the days of “plug it in, switch it on”

2 Likes

I’m pretty good, really and I make myself have a go, which is why I’m hopping mad today!

My son and I are buying out other family members share of a property we all inherited, then he’ll live in it

We had to appoint a solicitor, who needed proof of identity etc using an online verification and search system

And the cheeky moo said to my son, and I quote ……

“I don’t know how old mum is or if she’s ok with computers but if she can’t manage it she can come in and we’ll do it here”!

SonBoy is cracking up :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thats ageism, change solicitors.

1 Like

In answer to the thread title, I get by with help from my daughters.

2 Likes

Aaawwwww bless 'im that’s old fashioned courtesy!

2 Likes

I have that absoutely nothing happens .

I have to confess my computer wouldn’t ‘find’ my phone using this method. So I had to transfer all photos to the memory card, take that out and use a card reader in the computer.

My son can’t make tomorrow night ,because of covid

I’m going to try and figure out this Tom,Tom,sat nav, YouTube would be a great place to start…

I have at last managed it .
By opening the photos app on my laptop and plugging in the iPhone .
It took a time because it couldn’t find it first and then kept saying it hadn’t done it .
Now I have these photos everywhere .

2 Likes

Perhaps Jazzi will be able to help.

I wouldn’t have a clue where to start, you’re well ahead of me.